Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankfulness Opens the Door to His Presence.

I have a lot going on in my life. Not on the daily, I guess, but I have been surrendering things like my blog over to the Lord. I love to write. I love to connect. I love to neglect my household duties. But I also have 2 little children who need my time. They need the best of me. So, I suppose my "I'll get to it when I can" has shifted a bit to the blog direction. I was struck by my quiet time reading the other day. It was about having a grateful attitude. "Thankfulness is a substructure of trust." I suppose it struck me hard to think of that. You see, I have an issue with trust. And not because I have been let down by The Lord, more that I want things when I want them. And I want them NOW normally. I can say with my lips that I trust the Lord, but sometimes my own free will ruptures that trust. And so goes my grateful attitude. And I don't mean just being thankful for health and prosperity. I mean giving thanks to God so many times a day that it becomes my reality to just be in constant praise. What a treasure. I don't know why the message hit me so hard, but it did. So, I choose to open my eyes. To see his GLORY, his Majesty. Not just in the things he gives me, but just in His simple presence.
"Enter His Gates with Thanksgiving AND His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and bless His name." Psalm 100:4

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thank you for writing this. I am so guilty of this and have been struggling to place it all week. I needed that!

Having It All said...

It is very apparent that you have your priorites straight!

What a profound statement.

Shannon said...

What a great post, Sister! Amen!

And - sorry you caught me at such a lovely moment at the mall yesterday. I was at my wits end and ready to be DONE shopping! I was very jealous you were strolling out alone! But - so great to see you and hug your neck! You looked beautiful and wish I would have had time to stand there and catch up!