Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sweet {San Antonio} Escape

Brent has an office in Boerne, Texas, which is right out side of San Antonio. There are very few places I would love to live, but SA is one of them. If Brent said we were moving there, I would actually be pretty excited--that is to say, if all the logistics were set aside like family, friends and Baylor being in Waco. I just love the feel of it. I love the hill country. I love the culture. Like the vibe. It's not too snobby, but still nice. Great food. Great shopping. Sigh. I am trying to get Brent to at least get us a little lake house at Lake McQueeny so I can live there on occasion. So far, that motion has been denied. Anyway, he had to go there, so me and the kids were delighted to join. We thought we might stop by Sea World if all went well. I am not usually an "on a whim" person, but this trip, I was. We even loaded up 3-legged Frankie! We stayed with Jon, he is our friend and business parter at our office there! He had a new house and a new puppy! Mug was so in love with his dog, Jake. He told me over and over that Jake was his best friend. Jon also had bunk beds that Mug was giddy to sleep on. After he and REW played on them the minute we got there, REW fell off the top {even with me be inches away}. I figured he should opt to sleep on bottom. We made a trip to see new baby, Gray Kadane! He was {of course} gorgeous! And had a mohawk that resembled REW's way back in her infancy day!
Pierson and Mug played together--though they had a few tiffs, they were little buds. P also enjoyed little REW's company a whole lot! She seems to draw attention from older boys! What up with that already? Its always a joy to see the Kadanes. Kate is a friend that is just so true and genuine. I loved getting to see her mommy office skills! Having a newborn seems so foreign to me even though it was a mere 19 months ago!

Did I mention it was a monsoon the entire trip? We woke up Friday wanting to go to Sea World, decided it was waaaaay to wet, packed up our stuff and headed to the museum instead. However, as we drove, it started to ease up, so we thought, 'what the hey?' and went on to Sea World. No sunscreen, no swimsuits, totally impromptu. I grabbed some sunscreen {it ended up being blazing and hot} at the giftshop and slathered my whities. Mug had been to Sea World before and loves it. REW was a mess. She was soooooo wiggly {as she usually is} and just did not understand the rules. Like, no swimming WITH the dolphins, or no getting into the shark tank, or don't poke other peoples ears with your sunglasses while they are watching Shamu. So, as we give our children "grades" for their behavior at various events, Mug: A. REW: F. Therefore, SW was just a "C" for mom and dad in terms of fun. BTW--I did not take my camera in because I thought it would get drenched in rain, but no, it stopped raining and I got no pics.

After a looooong caride home {Fact: my kids DO NOT sleep in the car. Ever. No matter the length--I mean, really, they should have been WIPED OUT} these cutie pies were spent, to say the least! This week is off to Aunt Brittany's wedding festivities!

6 comments:

lindsey4greg said...

I love Boerne, but it is my hometown so that's why!!!

Sally said...

awww, what a fun trip. loooove that 'hawk on baby kadane!! too cute!

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

I could also live in SA in a heart beat.love it so much! You looked great at B and L's wedding and the kiddos, too!

jasonbob said...

golden goose outlet
longchamp outlet
yeezy 380
longchamp
golden goose outlet
kyrie 4
balenciaga sneakers
adidas yeezy
birkin bag
hermes belt

Unknown said...

click for more info find out here you could try here browse around these guys pop over to these guys index

smetoez said...

have a peek at this web-site replica bags from china my website www.dolabuy.ru check out here Check This Out