Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kimbo's Big Day{s}!

Some friends blur the line of friends or family. I like to think we have have that in our Kimbo. Always thoughtful, considerate and sweet, never wanting to draw attention to her herself. She would frankly rather give someone else the spotlight than make it all about her. I somehow managed to convince her to have a small gathering for dessert the night before her birthday. Though the desserts were a bit disappointing and rather preposterous in size {HUGE-O}, we had a few uninterrupted bouts of laughter for the night! I mean, c'mon...that is bigger than her head!!!!
I think Katy had two bites of hers!
Mel too!
Except me, I think I ate the whole thing!
On her actual BIRTHday, of course, the Waco "family" intruded on the home of the Polnicks--it's a tradition that we do this with each other! Sweet Benjie brought us all take-out and made a separate trip to CFA for the itty bitties. The truth of the matter is, KP would rather be around her family on her special day, surrounded by the chaos {it's amazing what about 10 children sound like at dinner time!} and love that these relationships bring.
She shares her birthday with Clark!!!!
REW and CDP enjoyed the frosting on their cupcakes.


Happy Birthday, Kimbo! Thanks for always being a last minute sitter, faithful workout partner, butter-roll bakin', letter-of-the week makin', ear to my loud, fast talking, baylor basketball junkie, party plannin' sista, and overall just a steadfast friend. We really are just so thankful to be in your circle of friends. Love ya. xoxo

4 comments:

The Johnstons said...

Such a sweet post and so very sad I missed out on both of the celebrations! I agree with everything you said about Kimberly -- blessed to be her friend!! Happy Birthday, {Mrs.} Kimberly, we love you!

Tressa said...

Great blog! You have a precious family! Thanks for pushing me to new levels this morning! ;)

Kimberly said...

You are too sweet. Thanks for the birthday post and the memories. I'm feeling more and more blessed by my "family friends" as the years go by- don't know what our life would be like without your family. XOXO

Sally said...

awww, so sweet Nic!! you nailed her perfectly!!! what a great soul and friend she is to so many. i too am sad i missed out on the partays!! :(