Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Lots-O-Fourth Fun!

While a few of our annual traditions were put on hold this year due to the 4th falling on a Sunday along with the rain, we still managed to have a fantabulous pool party! I volunteered the Hillmans to host--they have the best house because they have a GREAT pool, yard and pergola that just screamed "Let's have 50 people over!" They were gracious enough to agree and pulled out all the stops! They had all the tables decorated and lots of flags to ring in the independence celebration! It was great to see how huge our group of friends has grown compared to the first year we decided to gather together for the 4th! There are many kiddos running around and lots of babies laying on blankets! Just so much fun! Not sure who did it, but REW consumed at least a half of a box of oreos and the evidence is on her face all day long!
Sarah and me

Genny, Jade and Kristi
Katy, Kendra and me
My sweet fam!Griffy and the Searight twins relaxing!!
Our wonderful host, Michael and little Sawyer Beans {if I love you, you get a nickname!}
Classic Mug and CDP. CDP is always smile ready and Mug is always not.
Little 'kini girl
Cutest. baby. ever. Pierson Cruthirds. She is just a heartbreaker in the making! Ahhh!


Mug and CDP are trying to talk Landry out of driving the Artic Cat. She is not buying their sales pitch! Hilarious! Polnicks gave the kids sparklers and they were mesmorized by them! I was a little worried...


Especially when this muffin had one! WATCH OUT! The way she held it was hysterical!

And my little homegirls played with me for a long time! Love these two.

Against my better judgement, we partied until 9:30--we even had a dance party at the end, BUT then we decided to go see the fireworks downtown at 10! We were all dirty from sunscreen, sand, dinner and whatever else. The kids were really excited so we went with the other Wilsons. I had not been in about 4 years, so I was glad I went. Fireworks really make kids happy! Apparently, they make a lot of the crazies around town happy too! We may have to opt for a quieter, tamer place next year! Overall though, what a FUN FOURTH!







Blessed to be an American. Blessed to be in bed a few minutes shy of July 5th!

3 comments:

Lauren Madison said...

So fun! Love these pics! By the way, I am SO JEALOUS you got to hang out with my buddies (the Searight twins)!!!!! Lucky!!!! :)

Ryan, Kristi and Pierson said...

WOW! That old school pic was great. Who's baby was that?? haha. What a fun time!!!!

Sally said...

how fun that looked!!! awwww!!!