Sunday, March 07, 2010

Dancing Into My Thirties!

Well, Mr. Brent Michael Wilson completely outdid himself for my 30th Birthday! He pulled out all the stops. And despite the fact that MY two FAVORITE things: 1.) Dancing and 2.) Parties, happen to be his absolute LEAST favorite things {I mean the thought of either ruins his week}, he went ahead and planned me a fabulous DANCE PARTY!!!!!! He planned the whole thing! Invited my friends, got a fabulous venue, ordered drinks and dinner for everyone and got the perfect DJ--who played all of my kind of music!

Here is Mr. Wonderful. He got some major bonus points that will last a while {he doesn't even have to cash them in this week while he is gone at the Big 12 tourney!}!

Fer helped get the cake--which was so yummy! The whole thing sort of reminded me of a sorority formal. Ahhh, I can remember the days!

Mingling in the beginning...

Shannon, me and Dawn

Me and Kimbo

Corrie and Lauren

After a mingling, we all ate YUMMY fajitas while the DJ played some songs.







Brent, Mel and Sarah {minus her sick Korbett :( }

Jered and Holly
Sean and Katy {my dance sista for the night}
Heather, Charles, Sarah and Seth Michael, Steph, Brent and Kelly {dance sista}
Kathryn and Kendra {THANK YOU for taking ALL of the pics of the night!!!!!}
Michael and Fer Corrie and Ryan {who were kid-free for the weekend!!}
Benjie and Kimbo David and Lauren
Kylie, Mimi, Jana and Laura
Allison, Kyle, Shea and Kyle
Michael, Deanna, Nat and Doug
Gen Gen, Russ, Cari and Ricky
Kelly and Josh Courtney and my celebrity friend, Lynae
The guys all hid out at the back of the room when the dancing began.
I was trying to instruct people to get on the floor and dance. I was shocked at how many girls would not dance! But don't worry, there were a few crazy gals in da house!

Electric slide to start things off


Brent got up and sang "Happy Birthday"! SO cute! And we re-enacted our wedding day cake cutting
My favorite helpers!
And Gen Gen made sure she got a large piece!
Kelly and Me
A little country dancing. Blech. I shut that party down quick--although it WAS the only way some of the guys would dance!

Like this one...it was the only time he got on the floor.
Ahhhh! B&K
Keven and Amy
Now, the Cupid Shuffle! The rest of the night was so fun! Huge thanks to my dancing sistas who were on the floor with me ALL NIGHT! You know who you are!

Jana and Gray

Gen Gen stayed until the end! SUCH A FUN NIGHT! I talked about it for hours afterwards to Brent! It was just perfect for me and I loved getting to see all my friends together in one room!
Saturday was also so great because Baylor beat Texas!!!! My parents and brother took me to eat afterward. Little REW has been under the weather and was a tad bit grumpy. We still managed to have fun!
Thanks Mom and Dad!
Me and my little guy making funny faces! Hmmmm...I wonder where he gets it?!?!




Overall, turning 30 did not hurt at all! I am looking forward to everything it will bring. Hopefully, I am so much wiser and better than I was at 20. I have certainly learned a ton about myself in my twenties and I hope all of that knowledge spills over the next decade as I continue to mature.

Thanks for celebrating with me!!!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun party! Good job Brent!

Ryan, Kristi and Pierson said...

AHHHH! Looks like the party was great! SOOOOOOO very sad we couldn't make it. Happy 30th!

walkers said...

happy 30! what a fabulous way to ring it in!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous birthday party!! Happy birthday!

Tiffany said...

Way to go Brent! Looks like it was a lot of fun! cuuuute cake too!

Shannon said...

WAY TO GO BRENT!!! Such a fun night and I am loving all of the pictures!

Lauren Madison said...

Your birthday was just as rockin' as you are, Nicki! David and I had a BLAST! Great pics :)

Katy said...

Loved it, Nic! Super fun party---kudos to party planner, Brent. He did a great job! I was loving having a night to just DANCE. It's good for the soul! Dance with ya anytime! :)

Katie and Justin Cox said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Nicki!! What a SUPER fun party! I am super impressed by your hubby! He needs to start a hubby blog... with all his sweet, fun ideas!! Haha! :)

Sally said...

OMG!!! ok, it's so sad for me to even look at the pics bc i am bummed i missed such a fabulous party for one of my besties!!!! What a great fabulous party idea, and such a special night filled with people who love you Nic!!
Happy 30th!!!
(i would have danced with ya sista..hee hee. we may have to do this again when you turn 40...or 35, or maybe 31. ha ha!)

angie said...

Super job Brent!! Love all the pictures!

Shelly said...

Wow, looks like a fun and fabulous party!! Happy bday!