Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Without Further Adieu...a ONE Year Old REW!

TA-DA!! Here she is, folks! My baby-no-more girl! My little REW is all grownsed up! Well...sorta!
My wiggle worm is still just that...the wiggliest child you ever did see. Her pedi even said it. "She is the monkey-ist child that has ever come in." And now, she is FULL on walking!!! It all started the day after her birthday {Mug was the EXACT same!} She started pushing her new baby stroller and just got bolder and bolder. The past 3 days she has not crawled at all. She is a walkin' girl. I get so proud to see her go. Her moves are very precise and she moves pretty quick. She has even started to run a little. Oh boy! I quickly remembered how those days really wore me out! HA! At least this time I am not preggo and chasing her around like I was with Mr. Mug. That was exhausting! She is also still climbing the stairs and getting into cabinets. She gets everything out and puts it all back. I guess she takes after her daddy in that regard! Her vocabulary is small so far: mama, ball, duck, quack, ba {buy}, na-na {no, no}. Everything else is "gish". However, she nods "no" and shakes her head if you ask her a question. She will do a ton of stuff on command, which is pretty funny. She just does not have much to say about it!
Her hair is getting longer and longer. Everyday there is a new patch! The back of her hair is wavy curls and the top is straight! A la Billy Ray circa '93! It is adorable though. Sadly, she rips all bows out of her hair, so it is always just a mess. Not quite the look I would want to go for, but what do ya do?
Some of REW's favorite things: her lovey, water, Frankie, Paci {uck, I always said I would be rid of it by now--NOT EVEN CLOSE}, blueberries, raspberries, men, men with facial hair, girls with blond hair, Mug, her toy cupcakes and shoes.
Some of her not-so-much faves: baths, changing a diaper or clothes {it is a struggle full of screams and tears every time}, hats, regular milk, being spoon fed, cuddles {whaaaaa!}! Homegirl does not like to be cuddled. What she DOES like is to be turned upside down, head-butted, wrestled with. Maybe this is my rough and tumble? MAN! I keep telling Brent {a cuddler extraordinaire} that she will grow to like it...but the outlook is bleak.
She still eats her food well. Though she has gotten a bit more picky. The tricky thing is she hates to be spoon fed, so it makes some things hard to try. She wants to do it all herself. Also, the intro of sugary stuff has already hindered her liking the healthy stuff. Man, I wish that stuff was not so addicting! My favorite thing she does is telling her to
REW is still pretty darn adaptable. She can pretty much go with the flow. She has been on one nap for quite some time now. I try to put her and Mug down as close together as possible so I can get some "me" time in for the day. She does well with the one, but bedtime is around 7:30 p.m.
REW has a sweet little disposition. She loves to be social and entertain. She loves almost everyone. Though she wimpers a bit in nursery or with her sitters, for the most part it is only a few seconds and she has taken to whomever pretty well. I am very thankful for that quality. That is not to say, that she does not have a mind of her own. She can throw a tantrum. She plops herself down and throws her face down to the floor and licks the floor. Yep, licks it. I am not sure how that is getting her point across, but it is what she does. Weird. Weird. She is not quiet at all. She is a little fighter and now that she can walk, she makes sure Mug knows it! She marches back over to him and takes what is rightfully hers! I honestly think Mug is a little freaked out by it! She looooves Mug so much. I try to tell him to tell her stuff or ask her questions. When he does it, she just grins and beams from ear to ear! Love it.
REW, little REW! You kill me! You are your own little person. I am so thankful for you. As the days pass, I get so excited to see what you will be. Oh, you are so much what I thought you would be and more! I almost feel like I always knew how you would be. The Lord gave me little visions of you and they are so spot on. Such an alert mind with a sweet, yet feisty will. I could not have asked for more in a daughter. You are perfect. I love you so so so much.
12-month stats:
height: 30 inches {70%}
weight: 19.4 pounds {45%}
head: 45 and 1/4 centimeters {50%}
teeth: 10 {we had a VERY busy month with teeth!}

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Little four month Griffin is going to catch up with Reese's weight and height!

Jill said...

10 teeth???? Wow!! I think Hollyn just now has that many!

The Johnstons said...

Oh, precious little Reese! Love her jacket and that the word "buy" is in her vocabulary. A girl after her mommy's own heart and daddy's wallet! ;)

Sally said...

awww, what a CUTIE patootie! that lil green coat is too cute!