Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving was so peaceful this year. We spent it with Brent's family and it was small and almost eerily quiet! I guess that is what happens when you remove 2 other kiddos the same age as mine! That makes half the crying and running around! We started out at the Wilson's around 10:30 a.m. Gigi and I finished up cooking as we waited on Aunt Brittany to finish up her shift in Dallas and drive down with Lanse. When she arrived, we were actually all done! Ready to eat! REW took a nap thru lunch which allowed the rest of us to enjoy our meal and talk {I know that probably sounds terrible, but feeding a 1 year old is quite a task}. We also all had a place card at our seat with a space to write one big thing we were thankful for this past year. Aside from many obvious things, my biggest blessing this year was walking away from the car accident in one piece with REW and mom! I am so thankful that ended the way it did! I always appreciate Pam's attempts to be sentimental. While her kids sometimes snicker {they REALLY do love it} I am always the first in line to do the sappy stuff! There is also a thankful book that everyone writes in--that one you can write as much as you want that you are thankful for. Brent always writes a PG-13 comment about my body parts. Ewww. She also puts a picture of the big group on the page so the years to come, we will know who all was there. I like the tradition. I believe writing stuff down is such a good way to remember people. You never know what may happen to one of your loved ones, and it is always nice to go back and read their thoughts and see their handwriting. See. Now, I am getting all sappy on ya.
Here you see our little 3-legged sista! She was soooo tired from all the moving around that day. She followed me around everywhere. I know this picture looks bad, but her stitches and staples are looking so good this week! She is also really getting along better and better. I have caught her trying to come up the stairs a few times! It takes her a while and she gets a little scared, but she wants to be in all the action! Thanks for praying for her.
After the lunch, we did a craft, watched the Cowboys and the Baylor bball game. Some people dozed off. Some chatted. It was just nice. In the late evening, we all gathered at the fire pit to make s'mores!

REW was enthralled with marshmellows! Who wouldn't be?
Gigi told Mug stories. He looooves a good story! Especially by the fire. He thinks it's pretty cool!

Aunt Brittany and Lanse

REW pulling all the ornaments off of the tree.
We finally ended the night around 9ish. Went home and had a great nights rest. I loooove the holidays were you can lounge around without a lot of plans. I did not go to all the crazy early morning sales. I think it would be fun, but I have never done it. I will take my sleep over a small deal in these years where sleep is a privilege!
So, it was so good. God is good. We are blessed. Can't ask for much more than that.

4 comments:

Page said...

Awww...Frankie! My left arm hurts for her, but you're right..they are such resilient little creatures.

Sally said...

awww!! have been wondering how that sweet Frankie is doing!! ouch - looks painful, but sooo glad she is doing well!!! it's amazing how they rebound and get adjusted...even to losing a leg huh??
and your thanksgiving looked wonderful...ahhh. :)
Loved REW's sweet turkey dress!!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I just have to say Brent's mother is gorgeous! And Frankie is lookin' good, too! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the thankful book idea- I am totally stealing it! Frankie looks so cute (makes me miss Boomer)!