Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mugs-A-Changin' (30 months=2 1/2 years!)

There is just so much to say. I don't know where to start. Perhaps this picture explains a lot. My little guy. He is not little. Almost nothing about him is baby-ish. He is tall. I picked him up the other day and he is almost half the length of me. He has beautiful, full, mega-white hair and tan skin. His lips are full just like his daddy's. His legs are showing signs of muscles. What the heck? When did I sleep thru this? He is on the fast road to being 3! Pre-school is around the bend! Along with cherub choir, vacation Bible school and all the other activities that are permissable by 3. That is just a whirlwind of thought for me!

I wish I could write down everything he says. He usually starts off every sentence with, "well..." or "hey..." it cracks me up to hear him say it every time! Lately he has been really getting into watching the movie "Cars". He could watch it and recite it all the time if I would let him. He is also really into sports...namely Baylor football. Still though, his heart belongs to all things lawn care. We still spend about an hour a day "mowing" and "edging" and he intently watches to make sure I am holding and starting all of my "equipment" properly. He corrects me if not. Also, he asks me as soon as he wakes up every morning, the same question, "Who is coming over?" That kid gets more activities crammed into one day than anyone I know! And he is right! There is a constant stream of little buddies for him to chose from!

We are still working on the pooping. We are not doing well at all. Thankfully poop only happens once a day. Otherwise, I may have a head full of gray hair. We are going on three months! HELP! Overall, my man is still my favorite little guy. Such a sweetie. So funny and so precious. I wish I could hold on to this time forever.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Aah! He really is getting big! :) Wish I had tips and tricks on the pooping thing...but alas...we just mastered it **keeping fingers crossed** shortly before Carson turned 4. And that was only because he decided too. Hope your hairs don't turn gray! :)

angie said...

Aaahhh potty training, my nemisis!!! Ryan wore a pull up at night and almost every single day he would hold it until he got that sucker on! Good news is that girls are WAY easier:-). He does look so grown up in that first picture. It happens so fast!

Shannon said...

What a beautiful little boy! Love that white hair and tan skin. Boys are such loves...especially to their mommas!

Kimberly said...

Mug...stop growing up! I feel like I've missed a few weeks of his life as I'm living inside feeding this little baby of mine every three hours :) but I do think of him (and hear about him from Creighton) every day. Sweet little friend!

I know you're ready for him to master the poo-poo on the potty, but it'll surely come sooner than later! And until then, well, I guess it could be worse! (Well, nothing is worse than watching it fall out at Rudy's! Kimbo won't ever forget that one!)

Love you guys!