Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Griffin Is Here!

JOY! Little Griffin Lewis Polnick came into our lives yesterday! What a sweet peanut he already is! 6lb. 9 oz. 19.5 inches. He looked a lot like his big brother to me. A doll, indeed! Of course there was a crowd in the waiting room all morning! I woke up little REW from a peaceful nap and hauled all of us up to the hospital to get there by noon. On the way, I found out they had already taken her back. I missed seeing my friend before they took her into surgery. I was so sad. Still, we waited and waited and waited in the waiting room. Well, apparently, Benjie sent a text out immediately following the delivery (C-section), but no one got it until almost 2! By that time, my munchkins were ready for their naps, so we had to head home before meeting little Griffin. It was probably going to be a while before they were ready for us anyway. We figured we would give the kiddos some rest. Here are some pics I took as we waited...

REW's new bestie, Aunt Julie (Benjie's sis)! She looooooved her! I think she likes her sense of fashion. REW told her to feel free to buy for her as if she was her real auntie!
We also borrowed Mammy! Mammy walked REW up and down the hospital halls...
Mug decided to read his Bible "about Jesus"...
PART 2...
We are back and I brought some cookies up. Mug had been asking about them for 24 hours. I told him when we actually got to see Griffin, he could eat his. Here he is claiming victory.


And bless Mug's heart. He was DYING to see his little CDP. He asked a million times...
Sadly, they were only re-united for 2 minutes. Then, CDP went with Mimi back home. Mug kept crying, "I really wanted him to stay here!" It was sad but cute.
...And finally...we meet.

He is an angel. Look at the peacefulness. I already predict another super-easy baby for them.
Tiny grin!

We love you little Griffin. Can't wait to see you again...

2 comments:

amy said...

I usually read my blogs with a blogger so I see pics and texts only...today I dropped by your actual site and LOVE the owl background. Hoot! Hoot! Makes me want to give someone the secret handshake :)

Kimberly said...

I had no idea you missed seeing me! I just thought Brent came without you :). I knew you were praying for me and I was so thankful you were there when Griffin arrived. Thank you for everything you did for us that special day and all you continue to do! We love you lots!