Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How To Save Money...

...have a boy. You see this is what happens when on the way home from San Antonio, you take a "nursing break" at the Round Rock Shops. For REW...a few things to get her fall wardrobe kick-started. For Mug...a couple of tees he can't even wear yet.
I know there are cute things out there for boys. I think boys have adorable clothes these days. But they are pretty much all the same. Khakis. Polos. Cargos. If you are super lucky, your husband let's your son wear smockings and jon jons. Well, I was never allowed to do that, so I probably saved some cash. Oh, but when I got my girl! I love fashion. I love to look nice. I think little itty bitty girl stuff is the best! How can you resist this...
...or this?
....and this for when it gets chilly!
Good thing this was all Carter's and Osh Kosh's big sale! Good thing REW started to loose it on my way over to Strarsbyrg Children and BCBG (for me) so we had to head home!

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE that leopard dress...so cute!

Jaime said...

Girl, try living only 15 or so minutes from that location. I have to practice restaint!

Anonymous said...

haha- so fun! smockings and jon jons :)

Sally said...

love it!!! hee hee...and ahh, shopping for all that girlie stuff looks SO FUN! :)

Olson Family said...

SO FUNNY and SO TRUE!!! Erik told me no jon jon, smocking, or anything with "initials":) after the boys turn one! At least I got 12 months of cute boy stuff...I still sneak it in every once in a while if I can!


REW is one stylish girl!!!

Jill said...

Very cute! I know how you feel!!

Carrie Young said...

I will totally agree w/ you on the baby/toddler girl vs. boy clothes. So many things in so many styles for girls, 1 style for boys; khaki and polo. BUT, just wait until that boy turns 12 or 13. Aeropastle, Old Navy, American Eagle, Gap.....I go broke just trying to keep up w/ Korban's WISHES for his wardrobe! So, it does get better for the boys....and pricey, too!!
Carrie

Katy said...

Oh sister, the truth to this post. I am glad my second one is a boy so I can lay off the excessive "girl" shopping! :)

Tiffany said...

This is so true and I remind Steven often that it could all be worse if we had a girl. Im the one who looks longingly at the girls side of the store! Thank goodness I finally got a neice...we got her the purple dress a couple of weeks ago. SO CUTE!

Corrie said...

Think of how poor we're going to be if the twins happen to be TWO more girls! Whoa! :)

kelly 's a riot said...

yep...the Lord new what he was doin' when i got a boy first but Lord have mercy if the next tiny tot is a gIrL:)
(nope, that's NOT an announcement:)

REW will look adorable in her fall wardrobe fo sho!!!

Kimberly said...

i want that big brother shirt!

reesy, man, she's just gonna be too, too cute!

Jennifer said...

Oh goodness, if we ever have a girl, I am going to be in soooo much trouble!

Sturgmom said...

Oh my goodness, it is SO true. I probably have twice as much stuff for my daughter as I do for my 2 boys put together! I heard that the Strasburg outlet in RR closed...??

(By the way, I found your blog b/c I was looking for other Waco bloggers. Cute children!!)

Shannon said...

Yep - we have a few of those SAME dresses. It is really not a good thing to live less than a block from the outlet mall!