Sunday, January 04, 2009

On This Very Day 6 Years Ago...

I married my very best friend.
Tonight I enjoyed a nice meal at Se Cocina with my bestie, Brent. The love of my life. We reminisced about the days we were in love--it all started in 1992...Jr. High! It was a sweet love then, and it is still the sweetest love. I have so much respect for you, Brent. I am always going to be giddy about you. You are the only person who can put be in my place and bring me back down to earth. You are the super-star dad I always knew you would be. Thank you for having deep conversation with me tonight. Thank you for your un-dying service to me...you do it without complaining, and I appreciate that. 6 years is a wonderful tale to tell. I hope there are many more to come...

10 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Wow, 6 years!! Happy Anniversary!!

The Johnstons said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary!! Love that first picture of you two together...you must have an amazing photographer! ;)

jana fleming said...

happy 6 years! january is a good month to get married...gray and i share it with you guys! you two have so much to be proud of...cheers to many many more!

Page said...

Happy anniversary!! That's really neat that you've known eachother since Jr. High. Now, I want to see some of those school picks!!

Kimberly said...

Happy Day to one of our favorite couples. Your marriage is an example to us each day! Thanks for sharing so truthfully with us.

We love you bunches!

lauren said...

Happy 6 years!!

Mollie said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Sally said...

so sweet! Happy 6 years! Nic, i have SO enjoyed reconnecting with you since we've been back in waco - you are such a special person and a bright ray of sunshine and such an example!! loved your tbk class today - go gurrrlll! :)

Andrea B. Photography said...

Hi there

I ran across your old email and wanted to say CONGRATS on little Reese.

My told me that she ran into you.

Congrats on your anniversary too.

Keep in touch- Andrea

andreabphotography@yahoo.com

stephanie howell said...

happy happy anniversary.
hope you had a beautiful, love-filled day.
xo