Friday, December 26, 2008

Wilson Christmas Chronicles

Well, I hope all of your families had a blessed Christmas, complete with yummy meals, family and lots of goodies! We had a ball! I am so amazed at how much having kids brings you into the old "fun" spirit of Christmas again. Everything is so new to them. They finally get a better picture of Santa. They love the Christmas story. Everything is so delightful. I can't wait until next year when Reese can comprehend a bit more!
Here's how we started off...
Christmas Eve I cooked a big lunch for my parents. They came over and ate and relaxed. Why did I not get any pictures? Not sure. Too busy to remember! Dern. Anyway, we had a lovely time! I did manage to get these shots.
Mug wanted Reese to get in her "Pop-zon" chair and hold her dolly so badly that he had to demonstrate what he wanted her to do. A few minutes later...I guess she complied with him!
Then, later...an after lunch nap with daddy...
Then, off to the Christmas Eve service at our church! My whole family and Brent's whole family always go together to the service. I took these from the car because after we sang 'Silent Night', Mug sweetly said, "I like Christmas music!"
I think Reesey likes it to, so much she goes to sleep as soon as she hears it....
At the service during the children's story, Bubba got Mug and Pop Pop got Colton to take them up for a listen!
After service, it is always a tradtion for both of our families to get together at the Wilson's for soup, sandwiches and fun! This year, Santa dropped in for a visit! Of course, Santa is Tristan's bestie these days and he could not get enough of him! He brought him an Elmo that had a book backpack! Wow!
Unfortunately, Reese does not feel the same about Mr. Claus...
Colton and Tristan decorated cookies for Santa. They enjoyed doing this very much. Tristan took a bite out of each cookie to ensure his seal of approval and Colton left only a bite for Santa from each cookie!

Now, they get to open a present from Aunt Biss!
Ta-Da! Superhero PJ's! Spiderman...
Batman....
those PJ's were a huge hit!
Next morning after a 9:10 am wake up call...Santa came!
A quick change into their matching PJ's and a very anxious tot waiting for mom and dad to gt the video camera, camera and "perfect" grand entry down the stairs! Our house has the perfect stairway for a Surprise entrance! Love it!
"Shanty brought me dis!"
My two muffins...
Reese's presents...
Mug opening his other gifts!
My BIG gift!! Brent made a blog book for each year I have been blogging! They are so so so amazing! He worked on this SO hard to surprise me! He always gives THE best gifts. Always a surprise and always goes way way over the top! What a gem! I also got this necklace which was something I have been wanting for a long time!!
More muffin shots. Not the "perfect" pictures, but now anything with both of them in the same frame, will do!
Later, we went to the Wilson's to celebrate the remainder of the day! Sadly, my camera died while we were opening presents. Let me tell you, it was hilarious! Gone are the days of sitting in a circle and opening everyone's gifts one by one like we used to do. It was crazy madness! Two VERY active and excited tots running around wanting to open presents, playing with presents, asking you to play with them! I honestly don't know if everyone opened all of their gifts by the time the day was done! Stuff was everywhere! Tristan got a GORGEOUS train table!!! I got a Beaba babyfood maker, Woodland Spode, jewelry, books, and so much more! It was a fun time!
Mug and Colton made a birthday cake for Jesus! Here we are singing and blowing out the candles! I guess Jesus was turning 22 years old!
Reese did this the entire time we played this...
....Guitar Hero world tour! We played this all afternoon while Pam cooked. We sucked! We mastered 2 songs in the beginner catergory! It was so funny!!
And here are the sweet girls! So quiet and polite all day long...
Matching dresses, but they look NOTHING alike!


The family picture...
We had a yummy dinner that night and it was so peaceful. A great way to end the day.
After dinner, we did some karaoke and called it a night! Mug stayed with Gigi and Pop Pop and Brent and I came home to put away our piles and piles of gifts. It was a very Merry Christmas indeed! Can't wait to read about all of yours!
xoxo

14 comments:

Rose said...

Merry Christmas Nic!

laura said...

Merry Christmas, Wilson Family! The matching PJs are SO cute!

Angie said...

Yay! I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I need to find out how to make a blog book...
that is awesome!

Melissa said...

What a great Christmas! Looks like you all had an awesome time together. Merry Christmas!! :)

oh...where did Brent print your book, and was he able to pull in your comments? I've been looking for a way to do this for FOREVER... thanks!

Page said...

Merry Christmas! I, too, want to make my blog into a book...please tell me how Brent did it!! Thanks!

Nicki W. said...

hey guys! you would have to ask the man himself, but i think he used www.blurb.com--i know he was in email convos a lot with someone who worked there.

melissa,
there are no comments on mine, BUT i bet you can do that if you call and ask, perhaps? good thought!

stephanie howell said...

blurb is the coolest...what an awesome idea.
i'm so glad you had a wonderful christmas. we did too, but we missed daddy in our house, especially harper.
. um, R. is a DOLL BABY. that feather headband just slays me!
xo
stephanie

Having It All said...

I loved looking at all your pics!

angie said...

What a fun Christmas...the "22" on the cake was hilarious. And thanks for the blog book info. I am going to do that for sure!

mommymimi said...

so fun! love those kiddos!!!!!! miss you nicks!!!

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

so many fun pics! love the ones of your cuties in their pjs :-). props to Brent on your Christmas gifts, what a neat, neat thing to have your blog in book-form.

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to get home and see those books. Tell Brent I'm going to need information on how to create my own. Great idea! I can't wait to see your necklace too.

Miss seeing you guys and spending the holidays apart. We'll be home for New Year's....breakfast again?

Love you all,

Anonymous said...

Apparently you need the Durands to come play some guitar hero world band to improve your success! Our band is "Durand Durand" and we are awesome! We should get together and play sometime...shannon

Jaime said...

Reese is beautiful! congrats on your baby girl AND I want that necklace!