Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Our Sweet Reese

What a whirlwind of a week!! I have missed blogging and reading all of your blogs! Adjusting to life with two has been amazing and wonderful! I love saying "our kids" and "get the kids dressed"! KIDS (plural). Whoa. Thank you to my very bestie Kimberly for posting and taking fabulous pictures. As you all know by now, she was in the room with me and got some great shots. Not too graphic, but I am not sure you all want to see them. I may share a couple of them later on. My labor was FAST and furious. 4 pushes. Pitocin hurts. My epidural barely made it in time only to take the edge off a slight bit. It was a very effective way to feel when to push and get it all done! If Dr. Moore would have broken my water at 8:00 am (he had like 4 surgeries he was working around as well as me) she would have been here at 9:30 instead of 11:31! It was amazing, amazing, amazing. I love labor and I know that is weirder than all weirdness, but it is the most exhilarating thing ever. Here are some highlights. I wish I had better pics, but obviously, I was a little busy!
Here is us leaving for the hospital at 4:45 am! I got up at 3:50 am! Yuck!Proud daddy waiting and doing what he does best: texting!

Friends coming in for a visit. I had so so so many people in the room waiting during all my contractions. It was quite humorous because I was in a lot of pain and everyone was just talking up a storm!

Part of my "dream team", nurse and dear dear friend, Mimi. She, Dr. Moore and Shauna (other nurse) were all WONDERFUL! I mean, so great! I am spoiled! Thank again, Meems, for being a part of the most special of days. You ROCK.

Here is me moved into the recovery room. I got some down time with Reese before the all visitors started coming.


Like mother like daughter!!
Going home day!! Most of you have probably noticed that Mug is MIA from all the pictures. LONG story, but he was really sick and had to stay away. So so so sad, but it was for the best. He is much better now, by the way. So, while family was taking care of him we had a quick and small coming home crowd--just Brent, Reese and me. So bizarre and not what I would have planned, but I was so ready to be home and see Mug it did not matter!
Mimi's banner!!
One last picture in the hospital with Daddy

Safe at home in the moses basket!
One last picture before I am off to nurse! Isn't she a doll baby? She is sleeping, eating a TON and pooping a TON! She has a soft demeanor, but a loud, very loud hungry cry! It cracks me up! Breastfeeding is great so far and she is up one or two times a night to eat. I feel great--I am up and about good as gold. I did not tear or anything, so I have it pretty easy as far as recovery goes. Stay tuned for more pictures from Thanksgiving and brother and sis reunited! I love ya'll and thank you for your prayers, phonecalls and meals. I heart you!!

xoxo,
Nic and Reese

9 comments:

Callie said...

She is a doll!!!

Melissa said...

SUCH a baby doll! Sweet little thing! :) Love all of the pictures, and yay for a fast labor, that is so the way to go!! :) Can't wait to see more and more pics of your "kids." I loved being able to say that too.

RYC: I really don't know who Carter looks like. I think he's a mix of several people. His eyes and chin are like Cary's Mom, but I'm not sure about the rest yet. He's definitely all his own!

Anonymous said...

Beyond precious!! So glad you are feeling good! Seeing your pics makes me want to do it again!!!

Angie said...

What a pretty girl! It sounds like things are going great. I am so happy for you guys. What a cute little family!

Kimberly said...

from the very moment of her arrival, she's melted my heart. sweet reese, i love you!

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

Reese is beautiful!! I just love reading how excited and happy you and the Wilson family are. I can almost see your glowing expression by reading the blog. Congrats on such a previous bundle if joy!!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!! I can't wait to hear how Tristan responded to her!!

The Johnstons said...

so, so precious!! glad all of y'all are doing so well! much to be thankful for this year!!!

Anonymous said...

SHE'S BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATS!