Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Coolest or The Craziest?

You be the judge. I let my adoring husband dress and tote our first born to church in this garb today. Gotta score some cool wife points every now and again, eh? Plus, I am pretty sure Jesus is a Cowboy fan, right?
Today was also our church's first day in our new 'Life Center', which is very exciting! Our church is packed to the brim and hard to find a seat every Sunday. A few years back we started raising funds to build on with a "multi-purpose" center. The result is a HUGE room that is used on Sunday mornings and then converts to a community center. Pretty stinkin' cool. I love it because it is no-frills. What I love about that is people coming to worship Jesus totally unpretentious! I was in awe today. Everytime I opened my mouth to sing, nothing would come out because I was so thankful. Tears would just start to flow. I really felt the Lord in that place today and it excited me! It was sort of like a revival! God is so good all the time. ALL THE TIME. I hope everyone out there reading knows that right now. He is so good. Love Ya'll!
xoxo

7 comments:

Rose said...

I wish we could have been there. We miss Highland SO.MUCH.

Um, love that you let Brent dress T. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Marion Barber scored two touchdowns in the Cowboy win over the Browns.

Looks like my mug will be wearing #24 each week from now on.

kinsey said...

tristan looks adorable! i love that he was a cowboy fan at church :-) and i too have a hard time singing at church sometimes because when i try to, i cry! glad to know i'm not the only one...

JTapp said...

I'm glad to hear they've finally opened the facility and that it's fulfilling its multiple purposes. How great for everyone to only have 1 service and experience much more corporate worship. We also miss Highland.

walkers said...

i love the outfit, and for sure JC loves them cowboys! so glad the place is done. i drive by it on the way to my mom's and have loved seeing it built up! so excited for the new growth season for Highland!

Katy said...

Hey friend!
Yes, we definitely need to do brunch! How about next week?
btw--yes, I am still slightly shaky when I drop AM off. :) How am I going to handle real school one day?????????

Kylie said...

I love the Life Center, too- SO MUCH!