Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pro Bono Help

When people see me toting around an 18-month old, they smile. Until they see my belly. Then, I get the ol' "you are crazy, and so will your life be," spiel or look. Truthfully, I don't really think about it all that much. Until those people freak me out. Thankfully, I have two (really 4 with the grand dads) helpers who spoil me. Gigi takes Mug every Monday. She is careful to listen to all of my instructions. Do this, don't do that, etc. It's a wonder that she still takes him with all of my demands!! There are always laughs and giggles and I love the teacher in her. She is always making a learning event out of something. Tristan always learns a new word at Gigi's...or a new song! It is really good for me to see as a mother. She also prays for him daily. I know it for a fact. She prayed for him every day I was pregnant and journaled it. Everyday. How neat is that? So, this is my help #1.
My second helper is my mama. Guckie. She loves this child so much. Her first grand child...and he knows it. This woman has arranged her whole work schedule just so she can watch him on Wednesdays for me. What a blessing!! Guckie is a ball of fun and also loves to teach. She will play song upon song and read book after book upon Tristan's request. And it does not get old to her. She also will get down on the ground or get completely filthy with him. Infact, he always goes to her house in dark colors so not to get a stain. Love it. That is my helper #2. Now you see why MDO is a frill?

So, without these two I may have reconsidered having two under two. I am so very very grateful for the two wonderful grands that they are. Just grand.

11 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

That is so wonderful! Shoot, I AM crazy for having 2 under 2 with NO grandparents around! :O Yikes!

kinsey said...

so sweet. my parents live right by us too and i can't wait until i have a tiny thing (or 2) for them to help me with. ;-)

Tiffany said...

That is so great! I keep begging for mom to move here, but she just says, "I know honey." Maybe one day. Continue to count your blessings. Hope to see you at the reunion next month!

Melissa said...

Having such nurturing grands is such a blessing!! And 2 under 2 is lots of fun! I have 3 three and under now and I don't think it's bad at all. Tristan will understand enough to be excited but should be young enough to not feel to displaced. I bet he'll adjust to being a big brother very easily! Don't you let nay-sayers worry you, Mama. :)

walkers said...

blessed you are indeed and i know they are too! what a gift and support. it for sure takes a village to raise a kid! miss you seeing you on fridays:)

Kelly said...

You can do it!! I'm glad you're thankful for your help, don't take it for granted. I miss being "really close" to the grandparents, but we visit often : )

Seriously, you will be just fine. Let Tristan be a big helper and he'll love it. My kids are 21mos apart, and it's great. They play so good together now and I love it!
Kelly

Ashley McWhorter said...

My two girls are 21 months apart, and it is so great. Hard at times...yes. But, oh is it fun. You will do great!

angie said...

You will be amazed at how much easier everything is with your 2nd child...just more laid back, less panic:) I know what you mean about the grands, they are GRAND!!! Hopefully Tuesday will be better for both our kiddos!

Kimberly said...

You are super blessed! I'm glad your Mug shares your help every once in a while with our little man- who wishes his grandparents lived closer!

Anonymous said...

Yes...you can do it, and family does help. We would never have made it without my parents when we had newborn CJ and two, 2 year olds in diapers. Yikes! But, it was fun...shannon

The Johnstons said...

what a wonderful blessing!!