Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tantrums and Hugs

I've started experiencing an unpleasant part of toddlerhood: the tantrum. Tantrums are also most unpleasant when 1.)it is 100 degrees outside 2.)you are 7 months pregnant. I took Tristan to the Y nursery on Friday and he cried. He had not been in ages. I felt bad, but I needed to work out. I then proceeded (with much stupidity) to meet Kendra at Spice at a lovely little baby boutique. The owner thought we were nutsos. The boys wanted to take EVERYTHING down from the shelves. He also started rocking the owner of the boutique's two-month old daughter violently in her carrier. Not good. Not good at all. It all ended with a full blown melt down when the toy tractor under the table was too big to come out. Drama. I was so pooped at this point, but I felt so bad for taking him to two horrific places (in a child's eyes) that I decided to take him to the zoo afterward and meet up with Melissa and Kimberly. I was so relieved to see him running around in joy. Loved running free from exhibit to exhibit. Nothing like a good dose of friends can't fix...for him and for me. I feel so so so blessed to have such amazing friends at this time in my life. Friends make it all better. So do hugs...


"Yay!!!"

3 comments:

The Johnstons said...

i can totally sympathize! unfortunately, we're in the tantrum phase as well. this too shall pass, right? sad we just missed y'all at the zoo...we were leaving when y'all were getting there.

such cute, cute hug pictures!

kinsey said...

seriously, how cute are they?!

lauren said...

I just love those boys! I heard y'all oo'ing and aw'ing while taking these pictures. :) It was such a great day for the zoo. I am so with you on the pregnancy + active toddler + summer heat being a hard combination!! I have been going outside with James every chance I can get this past week, since it's been cooler finally!