Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

...a shower for Charlie comes true. There is something about baby shower and me. I don't know what it is. I love the idea of lots of people gathering together to wish blessings upon new families. I love the whimsical baby items. Who doesn't? My heart also swells in the presence of my friend's new children. Children whom you love for they will be your children's friends. It is a blessing to have showers for the ones we love. I always tell Brent that if and when I have to go back to work, I would like to be a professional baby showerer, please.
This shower was in honor of Amy and Charlie. There was a huge huge storm about 90 minutes before the shower. It has not rained in Waco in 6 months, mind you. 90 minutes before the shower, the electricity goes off. 10 minutes to go time, it comes back on. Hallelujah! To be honest, it was kind of fun thinking we may have a candlelit shower...a new concept! We also had a dilemma with my chocolate fountain. Never could get the blasted thing to work. It spurted out chocolate chunks. You can see it in the picture below. Despite the set-backs, when the guests arrived, they saw truly the most beautiful double rainbow I have ever seen (the pic of course, does no justice). Yea, we planned it that way. Hostesses: Amanda, Kendra, guest of honor- Amy, and yours truly

Set up. Check out the chunky chocolate.

Oh, and may I say, this shower was a bloggers paradise! There were so many bloggers united who had never met and don't run in the same circles! So, people felt like they knew everyone, but had no clue!

Sweet Amy! You are a joy! You have the most contagious personality! You are so happy and joyful to be around. Noah and Charlie are so so so blessed. Hope you enjoyed your night, my friend.


30 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Hey Nikki,

I've commented before on your blog, so "Hi!" again! I'm a friend of Charla's.

I'm in the midst of planning two baby showers, one of which is a double shower! I love the framed name on the sign in table! But I couldn't tell what it said (other than the name). Was it the 1 Sam Bible verse?

Please share all juicy tips. I'm with you on loving to plan showers!!

Thanks!
Kierstyn

Rose said...

I am immediately jealous! Can't wait to meet, or see blogged pics of baby Charlie!

SuperMom said...

Hey that's me on your blog! Yea!
I wish you would have introduced me to some other bloggers....I only recognized a few.

kelly 's a riot said...

fabulous shower, my friend! amy & charlie were blessed to have you (& company) running the special event. for the record: the choco fountain was still mighty tasty! we will miss you tomorrow at the pool:( have fun fishin w/ the wilsons!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Hey, I'm famous!!! How did I get so lucky to make the Nicksterland blog? It WAS an awesome shower....I loved everything you guys did to make it so special! Baby Charlie is a lucky little boy. He will have so much fun with Reese and the new little ones when they are all here!

Anonymous said...

Girl, do I need to give you a few tips with the chocolate fountain...Lord knows I've had a few! Anyway, make sure the chocolate is totally melted BEFORE you put it in the chocolate fountain. And...you can't skimp on adding the oil. You have to do that....or it won't flow right. I think the right ratio is 64 oz. of choco chips/chocolate and two cups of veggie oil, all melted together. -shannon

Kylie said...

Oh I hate that I missed it! Glad you all had a very nice time. We were on vacation :( Looks like you know how to throw a party!

lauren said...

You are very talented! You really should start some kind of shower business!! I'm wondering what kind of face I'm making in that picture!

Dona said...

It was a great shower! You girls did a great job. I second the contagiousness of Amy and how lucky her family is to be blessed with such a sweet girl.

Nicki W. said...

kierstyn,
email me at thenickster1@yahoo.com and we can swap ideas :)

Anonymous said...

zolpidem no prescription ambien online no prescription canada - zolpidem where to buy it

Anonymous said...

diazepam overdose diazepam 5mg for flying - buy valium diazepam online

Anonymous said...

ativan medication ativan 64 - ativan cats

Anonymous said...

xanax alprazolam xanax liver damage - long does xanax drug test

Anonymous said...

valium online will 5mg valium do me - valium side effects for dogs

Anonymous said...

where can i buy xanax online legally xanax drug company - xanax overdose children

Anonymous said...

cheap lorazepam ativan side effects fever - lorazepam online purchase

Anonymous said...

diazepam overdose buy diazepam 10mg online usa - correct dosage of diazepam for dogs

Anonymous said...

xanax generic xanax withdrawal kava kava - lortab xanax drug interactions

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam buy valium online no prescription usa - diazepam dosage equine

Anonymous said...

generic ativan many 1mg lorazepam get high - ativan addiction

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan addiction withdrawal symptoms - ativan causes high blood pressure

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg diazepam 5mg muscle spasms - diazepam withdrawal programme

Anonymous said...

xanax buy what is generic name for xanax - buy xanax uk online

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol 350 mg carisoprodol lethal dose - soma coupons printable store

Anonymous said...

buy soma generic soma tabs medication - carisoprodol 250 side effects

Anonymous said...

where to buy valium valium high how long - buy valium roche online

Anonymous said...

order diazepam where to buy valium in bangkok - valium 5 mg how strong

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol for dogs 50mg dosage - buy tramadol online no prescription cod