Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Beauty of Aunts and Uncles

Don't you just love your aunts and uncles? I am sure some are cooky, dorky or totally deranged! Still, they are family and you gotta love 'em! Tristan is so so so blessed to have 3 aunts and a 2 uncles whom he adores. My brother and his wife, and Brent's sister, live in Dallas so we went up to see them on Friday night. I love uncle Casey because he laughs at almost everything Tristan does or says...and he laughs really hard, which makes me laugh. It helps me to cherish some of the things that somedays I find myself annoyed with. When in reality, it is just a funny toddler finding entertainment in everything. As much fun as these kids had with their Mug...I know they are always happy to return him to us! That's the beauty of aunts and uncles...all play...all day. We got to stay with Casey and Kim in their new house. It was just so lovely! I love newly wed houses because every appliance, utensil, towel and dish is brand spanking new and has it's own tidy little spot. Ah, back in the day! EVERYONE tells me Tristan looks just like my brother and from these pics, I think they might be right.
Later in the morning the 5 of us went to the Dallas World Aquarium. Kudos to C & K for getting up on Saturday morning and being out the door by 10. It's a nutty parent thing...the day is done by nap time at 1:00. After long, hot lines to get in, we enjoyed the wildlife. It was clearly the hip place to be since every yuppy parent and everyone else in the DFW area were there. It was cool, but I think a weekday would be a little less claustrophobic.


(sorry about this woman's bottom in the picture...I promise it is not mine and it is not Kim's!)
After the aquarium, we headed to TABC for lunch where we met Aunt Biss (Brittany) and her friend, Lance. Another thing the aunts and uncles are learning is that kids are hungry early. Hungry tot=pass around the table and entertain. You work hard for your lunch, yes? Needless to say, Tristan broke a glass with water in it. He was not really mad and did not really throw it, but I guess he sat it down pretty hard. Lunch ended promptly thereafter.
We visited Aunt Biss' condo in uptown...wow! What a grown up place! I have always loved downtown (er, uptown) areas-I think it would have been fun to live in one for awhile had I been a single gal in the city. Here, Tristan is reluctantly sporting some bumble bee wings.
Alas, the day had to come to an end. Nap time in the car was finally calling circa 3 pm (yikes! was I flexible today or what?)! Tristan was all pumped up from all the attention he received the past 22 hours. I so wish we could have stayed longer. I love our baby sibs. They all seem so grown up--driving us all over the big D in their SUV's! What?! You guys are the greatest and we love love love you and wish you were closer, but honestly, we can't complain because we are so proud of all of you--and you are less than 2 hours away! I may be coming up solo soon to do some damage for the nursery and shop for some little girl clothes. Thanks for being the coolests!
XOXO

5 comments:

Rose said...

Cute pictures! Cute belly!

And you must share the secret of the 3 hour nap..

lauren said...

What a fun weekend! I love aunts and uncles, too, and it is so true that they can help you laugh at and even appreciate some of the things that annoy you about toddlerhood! Your baby bump is so cute!

Unknown said...

I love these pics! You are so right about aunts and uncles, especially when they do not have kids yet. My little sis says she wants to be the cool, fun aunt, which means all play and no poopy diaper changing!! (:
Thanks for the recipe you put up too. It was great chatting the other day. I think that is the longest we have ever gotten to talk in one period of time!!

elizabeth said...

Aw, I miss TABC! Glad you had fun in Dallas.

I have another healthy recipe for you to try...mix a box of devil's food cake mix and one can of pumpkin. Pour it in a muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 20 min. I'm obsessed with these muffins/cupcakes! SO good and healthy too!

laura said...

Yeah for Aunts and Uncles! What a great time to see both sides of the fam. :)