Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Skiing in the Land of the Living

Tristan finds a friend
Our view
Ski in/out
Plane ride

Pop Pop


Two tots staying busy

I'm back in the land of the living!! I had the flu. It was the worst I had felt since being a child. It was awful. Awful. I hope you all got your shots because I learned my lesson. Next year, I will be first in line. After the dreaded illness, we left for Vail/Beaver Creek last Wednesday with the fam. We had so much fun! I was only about 80% healthy when we arrived, mainly just wiped completely out by the yucks. I waited to ski a day and took care of Tristan and Colton with Pam while everyone else went to the slopes. They were fun to take care of! May I also add that Tristan had never flown before and he was an ANGEL. Slept on every flight until the we started to land (still nursing helped me out!)! This is a lot coming from the child who is a.) a complete wiggle worm b.)HATES to nap more than 30 minutes at a time. Anywho, the child exceeded ALL of my expectations for our first vacation with him! After the first day, I also managed to get some sort of head cold. Sheesh. My immune system must really suck! I was bound and determined to hit those slopes! I went out to the top of the mountain and realized that I had not skiied in upwards of 5 years. Hmmm. Took a while to get the ol' groove back! I am hoping that we get to go every year now. I loved it! The mountains are my most favorite place on earth! Despite a cancelled flight and a near miss for another one, we made it home around 1 a.m. on Monday morning. SO much fun, but ya'll...get those FLU SHOTS!!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Can we join you next year?

I'm glad you're feelilng better and you had a good time with your family.

Melissa said...

So fun! Sounds like our weekend. So glad that it went well and that you are feeling better! I HATE HATE HATE feeling pukey! So sorry!

Page said...

Oh, I really hate being sick ('cause I get a cold about 2-3 times a year!) but I am always so grateful it's not the flu!! So sorry to you...I've actually never had the flu nor ever had a flu shot...I'm scared getting the flu shot will somehow give me the flu...crazy, I know! I'm so glad you guys were able to go on that trip and it sounds like it was a lot of fun!! You should definitely make it an annual event.

walkers said...

so glad you are better and so glad you had a fun vacation- hope to see you soon!

Corrie said...

SO glad you got to feeling better! You didn't mention if you had any hot toddies by the fire while you were in CO! Yummers! That is one of my favorite things about skiing! What did Tristan think of the snow?