Thursday, April 20, 2006

Egg hunt + Family+ Aaron Bruce + Mamadou = Easter Joy

After the competitive egg hunt...Dou had the fewest eggs

The coveted basketball egg
He looks like the tree


Mamadou and Brent on the four wheeler...mercy.

I cannot believe we let him ride that thing.
Easter has become my favorite holiday! It is just so simple and when you think about the meaning of Easter--it is really so blessed. Anywho, the past 2 years we have had Mamadou Diene, a BU basketball player from Senegal, over for dinner and egg hunt! Last year we also had Tim Bush who is so hilarious and this year we had the honor of having Aaron Bruce come along. AB is from Australia, so with the two of them it was like Easter UN style!! They are both just incredible gentlemen. I mean that--they are sooooo genuinely sweet and polite. They also made it quite competitive hunting for eggs. Aaron and my brother tied for first place. It must be really strange for them to be here. They are like mini celebrities in their own regard. So strange for people to want their picture made with you. I hope they knew that they were not the entertainment (though, let's face it, nothing is as funny as a Dou hunting for colored plastic eggs out in the country!) but rather, our friends. I don't know what Easter is going to be like when our little Dou is all grownsed up!! Hope you all had a special Easter as well!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I love hunting for Easter eggs!!!

JTapp said...

Fun, great pictures!

Ryan said...

The Dou hunting eggs with ya'll is so utterly and completely awesome I want to invent a new word to represent it's awesomeness....I'll get back to you if I can think of a word worthy of it's awesomeness..

Go Bears!

Ryan said...

awesomity: The highest state of awesome.

I mean the guy was looking down into the tree!!

Nicki W. said...

Ryan,
It has been one of the greatest highlights in my life. It is quite a show. You should have see him on the four-wheeler.