Monday, January 02, 2006

Twas Never Meant to Be

First, let me wish everyone a happy 2006! 2005 was a great year for me and I look forward to everything to come this year. We went to Dallas this weekend and spent time with our dear friends Benjie and Kimberly. We also got to see our friend, Garrison. So, we crashed some parties. Not really, we went over to our friend, Zack's hosue,who had informed us that "it was not the kind of party we would like" (I think that means there are no board games to play, only alcohol and girls all wearing skimpy black tops), so we wanted to go over anyway and say hi and "crash" the party. Do you know what awkward feels like to a girl? It's walking in a room full of people you do not know staring at you, all of which are more dressed up than you, or should I say less dressed, and no one even smiles, they just stare. OK, maybe it was because Kimberly and I sat on the same chair right beside the front door and we were wearing mom sweaters. Maybe that gives us a cliqueish appearance. Or maybe it was just the mom sweaters. Anywho, it was very good see our friend and he was so gracious to talk with us in the midst of his cool people party. Then, turns out our other friend, Marcus lived right down the street. He was having an 80's party, so we stopped by. I was not dressed in 80's, but maybe my sweater qualified me at this one too. We saw a ton of old friends!! It was really cool to see people, some I had not seen since my wedding which was almost 3 years ago. I always love that, but then I also see what a poor job I have done at keeping up my relationships. Anywho, we left at around 11:00...and went back to Benjie and Kimberly's. I was really worried I was not going to get to see the ball drop in my PJ's, an old tradition of mine. Off to bed at 12:10. And I am totally fine with that.
Here is what was never meant to be. The Cowboy game. We were supposed to go to one earlier this month, we had bid on 4 great tickets at a benefit auction. Well, the guy who was supposed to get them, didn't get them. Just didn't get them. Big game, no tickets. However, we were getting it made up to us by receiving 2 more tickets to the game last night. It was a HUGE game, it was supposed to be a play-off position decision game. That is, if 2 other teams won. Actually, only if 1 out of the 2 won. If just one of those teams won, it would make this Cowboy game a huge one, b/c if they were to win, they would make the play-offs. No biggie, right. Surely the odds are good. Well, the first game was a blowout. The second game we watched in the parking lot while tail-gating. At the end of the game the Eagles choked. This meant the Cowboy game was nothing more than a last game. No excitement. Null and void. So, we walked aways as soon as the Eagles lost and sold our tickets for $100. Ah, twas never meant to be. The seats were on the 2nd row with all the Cowboy's family members. Maybe I was going to get hit in the head with a ball and have a concussion with seats so good. Maybe that was a protection thing. All and all it was a fun weekend though! I hope everyone has a wonderful first week of the new year. Lots going on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We thought of y'all at the BLAH Cowboys game. Glad to hear you saved yourselves the misery and made $100 in the process.
Hey and DO NOT be down on Mom sweaters. It is all about maturity and the realization that life is about more than little black tops and goofy parties. :)
Love you!

Nicki W. said...

Amen! I love my sparkley sweaters!

lauren said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out! I like to think those things things are not meant to be, too. We stayed an extra day in Georgia to go to the Sugar Bowl only to see us totally give the game away to a team not as good. Your NY Eve sounded like mine. We got home at 11:00 after a wedding, and I rushed to get ready for bed, watched the ball drop and was in bed by 12:10...except we were in Atlanta, so it was an hour earlier. Glad y'all had a great Christmas, too! I'm glad I got to run into you after Narnia!

Nicki W. said...

Our seats would have been the bomb. Oh well, we have rockin' seats at all the BU basketball games, so I have that to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... pissing snow data recovery from hard drive Adipex does cause not full erections bentley arnage 1 18 missouri society eye physicians and surgeons http://www.mazda-protege-parts.info/literary_elements_snowflake_bentley.html 1978 ferrari Replacement mattress for super single waterbed http://www.handdryer4.info/bentley-photo-gallery.html running with spikes Proactiv store swestlake Hot wheels auto floor mats diet pills usa.com http://www.inkjet-printers.info/personal_label_printer.html It management software