Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Happy Birthday, Corrie! A Night with Hootie!

Corrie and Me
Ryan and Corrie
Yes, folks, he does have on a Hootie shirt

Mr. Hootie and the wonderful Blowfish

Happy Birthday to my dear friend (and avid blog fan) Corrie! We started our night at a quaint little restaurant called 1424. It was delish, and Ryan and Brent are hoping so with the pricey cuisines! Sorry guys, it's Corrie's birfday and we gots to eat right! Then, head on over to the Ferrell Center for the Hootie and The Blowfish concert. It was great! I mean it, it was so very entertaining. I am usually not a "yea, concert" gal, but they made me delightfully happy. They sang the ones we knew and then some new ones. A little bluegrass and rock, a style that you don't hear much. Even had some reggae goin' on. A little island vibe, liked it. They sang country faves and Aerosmith. Then they did this medley with some rap a'la Snoop, Nelly and some soul Lauryn Hill. It was da bomb. I am still smiling. I am glad they reunited and are playing again, because they seem like good ol' college buds who love to entertain rather than has-been rock stars. Can we try to bring Hootie back for the love of Pete? They just want to be a band again, guys! They can't help it that the radio station and all of TV burned us out on them...they had no control!!! "Is it better to burn out than to fade away?" If anyone gets where that quote is from I will blog about you next, ready...go....
Anywho, to my friend Corrie on her 26th:
Thanks for being a lover of dogs with me. No you all cannot be in our club because we are serious lovers of dogs. We are weird about it. Beyond your "yeah, I love my golden retriever, he gets to come inside once a week!" No, no, we are beyond the point of return. I think Corrie has a college fund for her girls. Thanks for being a new friend in a new time in my life. I don't think I would have near as much fun without you. Thanks for having convos with me while "the men" talk about Jim Rome and Charles Barkley (though I like to get in on occasion). Thanks for understanding when I am an anti-social recluse because sometimes you want to be too. Thanks for being girlie, but still having plenty of opinion. Thanks for not liking PJ parties, and scrapbooking, it makes me feel like I am going to survive. Thanks for going to Italy first and introducing me to I Bike Italy...would it be a cliche to say WE HEART PAR? You are a huge blessing to me and God sent you at the right time when I needed some newness and understanding. You and Ryan are a wonderful edition to our collection of friends. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET FRIEND! Love you, love you! Thanks for the birthday fun last night. I went directly home and set my new PINK teacup on the cabinet. It will always make me think of you. I am blessed by you WAY more that you will ever know. You made #26 really, really special! Love, love, love!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki! I stumbled apon you through Cody's blog. You and Brent look great! Hope you have a beautiful Christmas.

God Bless
Tiffany Nelson
(McCullers)

lauren said...

I LOVE 1424!!! Of course only on special occasions, but the food is incredible and the atmosphere is romantic...unlike most in Waco.

Nicki W. said...

Corrie,
I heart you! I hope you recovered after the wild night! Happy Day!

Tiffany,
So good to hear from you! I wish you many Christmas blessings!

L,
Girl, if you don't blog soon...
it's been a month, woman! A MONTH!! PS...I like the picture where you are looking up while in the carriage...that's the one I want you to use!

Anonymous said...

Is it Highlander??

Nicki W. said...

Nathan,

Nope...try again. No one else is even taking a stab.

Anonymous said...

From Kurt Cobain? I give up.

Nicki W. said...

Cody Wins!!! It's High Fidelity!
I will blog about you now...

lauren said...

I already picked a different one. You'll see soon which one I picked!

Don't give up on me yet... I'll get back into it!

Anonymous said...

Good call Cody

Brent