Sunday, December 18, 2005

Casey Joins the Ranks

Marmie, Kim and Me
Kim, Marmie, Dad and Brent
The Ceremony
The Graduate
The traditional pictures with Judge Baylor



Our Little Baby is all grownsed up!

Well, yesterday marked a very big occasion in my family...Casey graduated from Baylor!!!! I am so proud of him, you do not even know. He is my little brother all grown up and I cannot believe it. I pray he follows God's will in all he does. I have such a funny sense of pride for my brother. I have watched him grow up so much. I have said it before, he is my heart. Casey, I hope you know how much I love you. I want us to stay close, in distance and in our relationship. This new part of your life is a very strange transition as you move from college to the working world. You will desperately miss your friends and the ability to walk to their houses and sit on the front porch until the wee hours. You will start to appreciate all the times you went to class--it is far better than waking up to an 8-5. Everything is new again. So foreign. So lonely. However, those feelings eventually fade and you begin to like where you are in life. You begin to feel pride in being independent and knowing you can do whatever you like as you realize you are still young and full of ideas. Use this time. Remember your college days as a learning experience and some of the best days of your life. You truly will never find friends like the ones you made there. I strongly encourage you to maintain those friendships. Call them. Take yearly guy trips. They will always be the people who truly know you. Also, don't be afraid to make new friends. You will find them in different places. It is a much bigger challenge, but you need them to relate to this new chapter in your life. Lastly, always remember to look to the Father. When I graduated, because I felt lonely, I found that to be my absolute biggest growth in my relationship with Christ. He became the real Lord of my life and guided me to new friends and new revelations.
Anywho, yadayadayada. I love you. Congratulations. I heart Kim in a big way. She is adorable and easy to talk to. You are going to be fine.

1 comment:

Nicki W. said...

Thanks, Durst!! I'll tell him!