Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Baby Talk

Last weekend I went to see my friend, Angie, who now lives in Houston. She is preggers (a cute way to say pregnant). She is a tee-niny thing, she weighs about a buck. She is early, early and sick, sick. Nauseated. She was such a champ though--she really fought thru it to show me a good time despite her quese-fest. I now have 4 close friends who are expecting. I keep thinking, "Am I at that age already?" Ripe ol' age of 25. Prime baby making age apparently. The question just rolls off of people's tongues, "When are you going to start trying??" What if I already am? Man, you really have to open yourself up publically when you want to start a family (Which we are not currently, thank you). However, I do often feel like mothers-who-could-be have a certain celebrity-esque quality about them...everyone and their dog is the paparazzi hounding you, (No, not you mom or Pam) not really even people you know, just the general public. Then, the child comes and your 15 minutes, or ahem, 9 months of fame is up. Lucky for everyone in my life, I love attention. It's just so weird to think of myself as a mother and to think of Brent as a daddy. Could we really pull it off? The play groups, the mom car, the nursery at church, the germs--it's all so foreign to me, I fear I will have a culture shock! Anyway, since all of my friends seem to be ready to make the jump, it does make me think about it more. I am having fun watching and learning from them. Just when I am on the brink of thinking it would be kinda cool, I see their faces turn green and I think twice. I guess I'll live vicariously for a while longer.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lauren said...

That all scares me to, because I don't feel like I'm there yet...the carpools and mom stuff, but I don't think you have to be. God gives you 9 months to be pregnant, and then time to ease into everything else. I think it'd be weird, even when I become a mom, for someone to call me mom, but I'll have a year to get used to mommyhood before that starts happening!

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for it! Who cares if you aren't ready... we need some babies around here!!! I think we've all come to realize that waiting on Brad and Kendra might be a forever deal. It's all up to you.
Love ya,
Brittany :)

Nicki W. said...

Biss--you want us to have a baby?? My brother really wants us to as well...it would be fun, but you have to promise you will come stay with me on the weekends so I can get some "me" time!!
L--you are going to be a fantastic mommy! I cannot wait to see you in action~you are going to be my learning tool!

lauren said...

Ha! Me a learning tool...that's scary! I think I'll probably be learning by trial and error, and of course calling my mom and sister constantly. No pressure, but I can't wait to see you as a mommy, too!! You will be a natural, and it will be fun to see eachother through the next phase of life!

Anonymous said...

Of course I want you to have one. And yes, I promise to come stay with you!
~Biss

Anonymous said...

Of course you know all the pain i went though when i was preggers;). But god finds ways to work it all out. I didn't think i would be ready but it grows on you. You prepare for it the whole 9 months. Then when you are about due you are defitnally ready. It is soooo much fun going baby shopping. It was really hard for me when Merideth first came but now that she is a year old and walking and understanding somethings i tell her it is alot better, except when i am chasing her down and keeping her out of the trashcan and dog food. Thoes are the times when i wish that she was still immobal. There are bad times but all the good times overrides it. I just love the times when she runs to me and gives me a big hug and a sloppy openmouth kiss on the cheek. Or when she sits in my lap and falls asleep, because she knows she is safe. Thoes are the best times. But everybody has different ideas of readyness. Someways to tell is when "going out" is not a big deal anymore, or if you think you are able to take care of another person, devote most if not all of your time to him/her. And finantilly stable (that is a big issue for having a baby). Ok well i will stop talking now.

Nicki W. said...

Windy,

OK! You have me convinced :) You are so adorable talking about Mere like that. People like you help me know that my life is going to be even more blessed when I have children. Thank you for that advice and simply doting over your sweet lil' angel baby! You know how much I love and respect you as a mommy!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. paris hilton video sexe basketball betting sports for beginner pilates Cost laser hair removal air cleaner Blank shirt t Raspberry print bikini used high blood pressure monitors http://www.gateopeners7.info/Nomex_lab_coats.html arthritis pain medication md tax maps gambling nexium Filter spam advertasing 1959 chief pontiac star Oxycontin long term effects