Saturday, June 11, 2005

Nothing Compares

This morning, I got up to do my quiet time. I love leisurely Saturdays. I love walking into my kitchen and looking into my living room and the sun is trying to shine in thru the shades. It makes a nice lighting that I cannot explain. I have always loved mornings for that lighting. It is one of my daily kisses from God. I have a thankful feeling this morning. I want to share why. I read this verse that my husband had pointed out to me yesterday because of a song we love. He looked up the verse and shared it with me, so it was my verse to remember today-it really struck me hard.
"What is more, I consider everything a loss because nothing compares to the greatness of knowing my Lord, whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them nothing, that I may gain Christ." Philippians 3:8.
He is everything. Nothing in this world matters. I have chills just reading that. It gives me such reassurance to know I have such a thing as Heaven to look forward to. I have my Father who loves me totally and completely. I am so thankful to know Him. I know Him, He is my friend, my Heavenly Daddy. Do you know Him like that? I think my spiritual life changed when I started to pursue the Lord in a more approachable way. He is accessible. Sometimes He is the only thing we have to cling to. That's why I love this verse. I consider all things a loss, because nothing else is as freeing, peaceful, comforting or amazing as knowing Jesus. He is the ultimate everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »