Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Elsie in London

I have a friend named Alyson, but I call her Elsie. I gave her that nickname because of a hilarious story I have from working at Hospice...sounds terrible, I know. Anywho, we call each other Elsie in honor of the great Hospice story. Well, Elsie went off to grad school at KU and after she graduated, she thought it would be a nice idea to move to London. It was a bold move. I was not surprised in the least bit, Elsie is a fun and carefree person like that. One time, she died her hair pink right before our sorority rush parties. I think she was a "floater" that year. Elsie makes me laugh and today she sent me an email about my blog and it made me realize how much I miss her. I don't really like her way over there, out of commission. She is not accessible. Cool as it is she resides in Europe, we need her here. My senior year in college I got hit by a car outside her apartment. It was rainy and I had been knocked out on the ground. Elsie and Emily saved me. That was the weirdest, funniest, most painful night ever. I knew the girl who hit me, she drove off and left me. I never pressed any charges, I mean, I knew her and she hit me and left me for dead in the parking lot of the Village!! OK, I was not dying, but still. I think I never did anything about that because I could never get over the fact that she would be so terrible. Sorry, that was way off subject, but Elsie wanted to go to her house and regulate...we never did though. She will have to live with the guilt forever. Just kidding, there was not too much harm done. My leg was swollen and bruised internally for 3 months or something like that. It still hurts when it rains. Elsie was in my wedding. She loves boys. She loves people. We used to have leftover food from Birthday parties, or random shindigs and Elsie and I would drive around at night trying to find homeless people to give the leftovers to. One time, we drove around ALL of Waco looking for homeless people to give left over popcorn and chocolate chip cookies to. Aren't we noble? The social workers that we are, in the middle of the night, driving around under each Waco bridge and downtown trying to feed the hungry people of Waco with our party food. We hardly ever found any people. Have you ever noticed when you are looking for needy people, they are no where in sight. That's my Elsie. So many stories. I hope my Elsie is well...I sure do miss her. Hopefully, I will get an opportunity to visit soon. I would love to stroll the streets of London with Elsie looking for homeless people to feed.

2 comments:

lauren said...

I can't believe you were hit by a car!! Ouch!!! I don't know if you experienced this with that night being painful and funny, but when I got in a bad car wreck with my sister and brother-in-law in England sophomore year of college, I cried and cried from the pain and shock, and then my sister and I couldn't stop laughing for about an hour, partly because of how funny I looked with a big goose-egg on my head! I think it's funny how all of that emotion can switch so quickly from tears to uncontrollable laughter!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »