Sunday, May 29, 2005

Don't Super Size Me

Brent and I rented "Super Size Me", a documentary that follows a guy who eats nothing but McDonald's for 30 days straight. Disgusting. He had all sorts of health problems within the first 15 days and they got worse. I think I want to swear off all fast food. I mean think about how gross it is anyway. We don't need it. It costs money that adds up to a large sum. It also just made me sad at how FAT America is. We are a fat nation. This movie really disturbed me. It was not embellished at all (besides the fact that every meal was eaten out), it was very simply made. Think about how often people eat out--and why? I mean, if you think about how fast food is processed and even just think about it looks like, you can't help but think: Why do I eat this crap? I am glad I have a habit of working out. I feel healthy, but I know I sneak a burger in at least once a week. Well, no more. Gross, gross, gross, fat, fat, fat. If you have not seen this movie, I encourage you to. I think everyone will think twice before willfully consuming the hazardous waste we call "fast food". You get what you pay for--a cheap,easy way to give yourself diabetes, heart disease, liver failure, colon cancer, breast cancer and best of all a cute little tire around your tummy that so many people complain about. Thankfully, we can help ourselves. Looks like I'll be spending some more time in my own kitchen for awhile...after what I saw tonight...fine with me.

No comments: