Sunday, April 24, 2005

Home Sweet Home!

I am home at last! We went with my parents to my home state (New Mexico) to visit my cousin's new baby and to go to a wedding for a childhood friend. We left Thursday and just pulled back in town. It was a good visit...lots of family time. It is always interesting to go back to where you were from. My home town, Carlsbad, is small...very small. I mean, it has it's basics, grocery store, McDonalds , Wal-Mart...but you can't even make a Statbuck's run, ya know? It is so weird because I left when I was 9 years old and it seemed so grand, I hated to depart--it was all I had ever known. I love that I can go back and drive around town--I remember where EVERYTHING is, just like it was yesterday. My favorite game (my parents hate) is to drive around and try to see if I can get to all of my old frend's houses by memory. Perfectly good thing to do when you are bored. Anyway, I love, love, love my family and love the way my hair looks in the dry desert air, but ultimately, my heart is here in Texas. Waco has it's flare. Just enough to get you through without being bored and not enough to do to make you feel materialistic (although we are getting an Ann Taylor Loft, ladies and gentleman). AHHH, the mid-size city life. Starbucks, anyone?