Friday, September 10, 2010

I Knew This Day Would Come...

Just seems like it has come so soon. Mug began preschool on 8/20. It was a bittersweet time. I was never a fan and still am not a huge MDO fan, however, I believe he has been ready for preschool for quite a while.  Even after a 14 month battle with potty {poop} training--you can't get into preschool unless you are fully trained--thankfully about 4 weeks before school started it FINALLY clicked and I can say I have a potty pooper. Aside from that, the day came rather quickly. After a meet the teacher night, I was at ease. I don't even think I cried. Maybe a little inside.
It was so cute because you could feel all of their nerves as they all sat in the hallway with their oversized packpacks. Nervous grins and wiggles set in as the rookie moms laced the hallways like the paparazzi. Our grins were nervous too.
And to add to the back to school mode, we have adopted the fake smile.
Literally and finally, the teachers had to kick the psycho moms out. Normally, there is a uniformed drop-off line, but they let us all go in the first day. They may change that next year thanks to us! As they lined up, we all followed them down the hall.
I love this picture. The teacher is like, I have it under control. I am nervously trying to ease everyone's nerves. I have known 7 of the 13 kids in Mug's class literally since they were born. We have been in playgroup together since they were infants. It was so special to see them all be in the same class together.
And a huge sigh of relief that we got them dropped off. Another start of a new stage of motherhood was marked here today. Check.
After the day ended, the kids all loaded up in their cars.
And we subjected them to yet another photo session. Can you tell they were thrilled??
Sweet, sweet kids. I love them so much. And I am especially proud of the little man my Mug is becoming.

2 comments:

Sally said...

yay for the potty pooper!!! and a for doing so great in PreK so far!!! so special that you all get to share in that together!!!

Kylie said...

Hudson never loved MDO either, at least not the way he LOVES pre-k there! We were in that class last year and loved every single day. I know you'll have a great year! :)We sing the praises of this particular school!