Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hallelujah! MY Favorite Holiday!

I have begun to heart Easter more and more. Wait a sec...yep, I think it's my favorite! I love it for so many reasons. 1. The beautiful message. Mug learned and recited to me after many times reading the Easter story through and through, "Easter means Jesus is Alive!" I found that to mean so much. 2. It's {most of the time} warm. 3. It's a little less materialistically driven than Christmas. 4. It's a time when our entire family + Polnicks+ Mamadou and anyone else needing a nest can come and play. This year in lieu of Easter baskets from us, we let the kids pick out and plant flowers. Mug picked pink hydrangeas and REW picked blue Hydrageas {yet to bloom}. I was seriously not looking forward to more junk and candy so I thought this was a nice little reminder of Easter. Until it dies. We are notorious for being plant killers. I also opted for only one egg hunt {the big one at Gigi and Pop Pops}. Honestly, I don't know how to do that AND get to the mad rush at church on time. Can you tell I am all about simplifying? Here are the muffins on the way to church!
After church, we headed to Gigi and Pop Pop's where the masses awaited. It ended up being a balmy and VERY windy day. It actually rained in the morning, but come egg hunt time the sun was out. Made for weird hair though. REW was a grump, would not take a nap, which made me a little less fun than usual. All she wanted to do was be held by me, so that was the afternoon! Oh well! At least she will let me hold her, huh?
Gigi and Pop Pop just added a screened porch onto their house and it is beautiful!! Colton loved the doggy door!
Alana Michelle quietly went about her day.
The other girls looked adorable in their dresses.
Bubba and REW played with Jolly dog.
Pop Pop entertained at lunch.
REW pushed {scratched, hit} Griffy in his wagon. She really antagonizes this poor kid. They will probably end up in love one day!

Swisher and REW. Trying to ease her off of the thing.
Dou came {5th year to come} and wanted to drive Pop Pop's 'Bad Boy'. It was quite an adventure to say the least! REW was not wanting any part of it. Unless, of course, I would hold her.
So, I did. The look on my face says it all. It was a bit terrifying to cruise the neighborhood with my toddler in my lap holding on like a monkey does when it's mama swings thru the forrest. I think we tipped over on two wheels. HA!
Kimbo and CDP {kid always smiles perfectly--I am so jealous}.
Coralling the kids to go egg hunting...Brent and Dou horseplay for a long time. It concerned Mug a great deal.

Dou helping Mug. My kids find an egg. Eat the content immediately. Makes for loooong egg hunts.

REW loved the egg hunt.
Because she did this with each egg.
Dou and Griffy

I realized that my kids were the only one tearing thru their candy while other children were playing. Hmmmm...what is that all about? I had to take it away and they were both so so sad.
This is the only shot I got that was even the slightest bit decent. Translation: they are looking in the same direction! Look at that pretty dress all chocolatey! Don't worry, nothing a little soak in Oxyclean did not fix!

So, there it was in a VERY brief nutshell! Easter 2010! Always so fun!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Loved your flower idea!

Love spending this holiday with you and yours. So many wonderful memories- even if it wasn't our most perky Easter to date!

Maybe the kids will all be mobile next year and in happy go lucky moods! If not, it'll still be wonderful!

Love ya,

Edison said...

the last pic of the 2 of them mug really looks like Brent! precious kids