Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mealtime Meltdowns

Each child is so different. One super clean. The other super not. Yesterday, REW was such a mess and it was so stinkin' funny that Mug tried to duplicate the humor and he could barely muster up the strength to put a dot of yogurt on his upper lip. Just not his thing. But, oh my, it is hers. Along with the mess, comes something even worse. Her meltdowns after she is done eating {or sometimes before she even starts}.
I guess each child has their "thing" when it comes to misbehavior or what have you. Mug's was always screaming at bedtime and later morphed into tantrums when we had to leave any old place.
REW finishes a meal and for some reason gets angry {for the life of me I don't know why} and throws things all about. She takes her hands and quickly moves them back and fourth on her tray until everything is on the floor. She arches and sticks her sticky hands in her hair.
We have caught on to the little trick. Sad part is that she eats really fast, so we have to eat even faster. So, mealtimes have become what you might call "express". So as her punishment now the minute she tosses food, she is done with dinner even if she has not eaten a thing.
So, I am learning something new everyday. Like take clothes off before you eat.

Bon appetite!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

H.Y.S.T.E.R.I.C.A.L. Sorry - I know it probably gets old in the Wilson household, but I LOVED the pictures. (And I am afraid I have a 13month old just like her! I see the swishing her hands across her try all too often!)

Sally said...

look at her!!!! what an adorable hot mess!!

Kacey said...

Oh girl! We should just let them eat together! Lila Loves to throw whatever is messiest all over EVERYTHING! She is careful to always get it in her hair. At least they are eating? right??

Kimberly said...

No wonder she wanted yogurt at my house on Monday- she has such fun with it! Thanks for not giving it to her! :) That REW!

Lauren Madison said...

Oh my! Sweet little REW! And does she ever love sitting at "the big girl table" in her red chair :)