Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sickie/Snow/Jammie Day at Aunt NicNic's

Well, over the weekend Kendra and I realized that we all have the same gunk {definition: any type of unexplained "virus"}. As Monday rolled around we talked several times and knew the weather was going to be freezing, I felt like doo-doo and she had a dentist appointment she really needed to be at. Instead of sending the kids to school all gunky and knowing there was a possibility of early release, I told her to send 'em on over to Nic Nic's. In jammies. I made a warm yummy baked oatmeal had several cups of coffee and got geared up to play with all of my loves!
Little Alana did this the ENTIRE 4 hours she was here!!! Seriously, the whole time! Sort of made me think 3 is a piece of cake {heh, heh!}! Meanwhile, I had my other 2 ladies who were here and there and well...everywhere! They toddled around upstairs with Frankie. REW decided to give Lou Lou lessons on Pug riding. Sweet Frankie.
I also thought it would be fun to paint the girl's toes for the first time. Colton thought it was super cool and wanted to do everyone's, including his own. I had to shut the pedi party down with that. I did want to do Lou Lou's but she gave me a huge adamant head shake for NO! I guess maybe next time! REW took her socks off all day to show me her tootsies. Love that. Looks like some mommy daughter pedis in the near future!
After a hilarious snack line-up that I tried my hardest to get a pic of, we played "Monkeys jumping on the bed"! Colton is not throwing a peace sign. He is signifying the 2 little monkeys jumping on the bed....
Then 4 were jumping on the bed. And to my delight, only 1 fell off, but he did not bump his head {don't worry, K, it was one of mine}!
We watched the snow and Uncle Brent came home to take the boys out in the snow. We had a meltdown when Mug found out why we stress the importance of mittens on your hands when cold. He cried for a good 20 minutes because his hands were freezing. The mittens are now his friend.
When everyone left and naptime was over, Brent came home to help build this snowman. We were running out of daylight so he was a little smaller than we wanted. But I thought they did a great job!


You know, I just had such a blessed day yesterday. I had been sick and felt so yucky and grumpy. The snow was beautiful. I thanked God for it. But more so, I was SO blessed to have my little nieces and nephews over. They are just such a joy. It made my day so quick and delightful. We were all sick, but we were all together. It sort of brought me back to a better place. A place of thankfulness. Because God is good no matter what the situation. It was good for me to find the jewel in the day. What a fun day!!

5 comments:

The Johnstons said...

it was such a fun day! despite all of the sickness, so glad y'all had a good day. you are such a fun aunt {and mom}!

Kacey said...

Pjs all day! That's my kind of day! Looks like y'all found good ways to enjoy being stuck inside. I also loved the blue gumball? Eyes on mr. Snowman:)

Sally said...

that is the funnest sick day i've ever seen. love it - and what a great lil aunt you are. all of them jumping on the bed is priceless!!!
hope you are all on the mend!!

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jaime said...

that adorable baby REW is just identical to you...I can't get over it! Adorable!