Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bears in Hog Country

Last week we were Arkansas bound. Two fantastic reason: Basketball and The Friddles. The Friddle part was my favorite. Baylor totally trampled all over Arkansas in Little Rock. It was what you call a blowout.
So nice to visit our old friends. They have 3 kids, 3 years old and under. Meet little Jack--he did not make a PEEP the entire time we were there. He had one little spell in the car on the way home, but I sort of cheered him on for it because I felt like he deserved it. It was 10:30 p.m and he was at a very loud game and never complained once! Angel. Seriously, the best baby I have ever seen.
And they made it look totally effortless and easy. Sort of made me want another one. Then I remembered that I could potentially get a newborn like Mug. Thought revoked.
I miss these two. Cody and his humor. Kathryn and her vast vocabulary! They were are ultimate couple friends in college and after seeing them, I realized how much I still love them! Amazing how distance and children and life happen. A year goes by. Then several. I think I need to be a lot better about keeping up with my long-distance friends! I always remember when I see them why I loved them so much! So here's to hoping we can make our get-togethers more habitual!

1 comment:

Sally said...

oh how fun seeing Cody and Kathryn! i haven't seen them in forever...and their sweet lil Jack! What a fun trip! Glad ya'll got to go see friends AND cheer on the bears!! Yea!