Friday, July 17, 2009

Peace Flows Like a River

James 1:2-4
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."


2 Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

Hallelujah, amen and amen!! For real, this is THE last thing I am going to say about the "matter" at hand! You guys would not believe how many texts, emails, calls, and facebook messages I have received asking me if I was OK!! Isn't it sad that this has become anything at all? I really don't want to be a victim and dwell in this any longer! So, I thought I would share some positivity that the Lord and others have encouraged me with today! I am not going to let anonymous jokesters steal my joy today...no way, no way! After reading those verses, a peace washed over me. Only the Lord needs to know my intentions. He knows my heart and motives. He forgives me and shows me mercy.

After a lot of tears last night, my MIL prayed for me over the phone for me to have peace and be encouraged. This morning, she called and gave me the above verses to meditate on from James. Spot on! That was really all I needed. As I quite hesitantly approached the computer to see if anyone else had "hated" on me.

Relieved and joyed, all I found were such sweet responses from all of my bloggies and friends. I truly love you all and was humbled to think you even care to read about me! Thank you thank you thank you for sticking up for me! Love you.

ALSO...THE Chalene Johnson, left a comment on my blog. I was shocked. She is the creator of TurboKick, TurboJam and many many other things that are hugely successful in the health/fitness world. I told Brent is was like Mike Krzyzewski (the Duke basketball coach) writing him a personal email giving him coaching advice! Don't worry, I am not that cool that Chalene would actually read my blog-I had commented on her blog about something she wrote on her Facebook page about 'Perspective'--it totally hit home for me that day. She actually went to my blog and read all the comments and commented. Too cool. She basically said, {you can read her comment on my last post} like many of you have, that I should simply delete the negative stuff and that I can't be everyone's "cup of tea" and not to banter back and fourth between the people who dislike me because I can never win. Point taken.

Anyway, those are my cool revelations. I am feeling so renewed today. Thank you all for caring. And reading!

13 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Nicki,
We've never met,...I found your blog through a few other gals (Lauren, Page, Kim...) and have commented on your posts maybe 2 times in the past few years. BUT, I stop in every now and then to catch up on your family and be MOTIVATED by your positivity, Christlike attitude and desire to be the best mom/wife you can be! I just wanted to say that you impress me tremendously and inspire me (as well as countless others) to continue to be optimistic and never give up when it comes to reaching your goals (whatever they may be). Good for you and please don't stop being yourself...after all, it is who God made you and called you to be! I'm so glad you're feeling peace about all this...God is so good and I always love to hear how he speaks through his word.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I thought blogs were just for reading and keeping in touch! Apparently not for some. So - I now know what kind of exercise routine works. How about diet? Any secrets on foods that are healthy but satisfying for you, kids, and hubby!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Molly

Shannon said...

Hey sweet blogging buddy! I have of course been following this nonsense and think you have handled it beautifully! You (as you well know!) have helped me "start" to shed some of this lovely baby weight! Keep those inspiring posts coming! And yes...delete the crud that people write and forget about it! We love you and appreciate your openness and the sweet, spunky spirit you have.

Sally said...

ok, soooo jealous of the chalene comment - girlllll, that ALONE would put me on cloud nine for months - she is such an inspiration! proud of you girl...His Peace truly does surpass ALL understanding.
hugs!

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

i deleted my comment bc it posted twice for some reason... :)

Angie said...

Yay- sigh of relief!
Love ya sista!!!

Anonymous said...

you are a sweetheart!

i was wondering if you could tell me how you get your blog printed into a book? thanks so much!

don't change anything about your blogging. i love your blog, you are an encouragement to me and many others!

Jill said...

Thank you for the verses! I texted you before the drama get really intense! I am sorry that you had all that to deal with this week! Just keep your head up and keep being you!

Nicki W. said...

:) :) :) thanks all!

anonymous ,
i get my blog books from blurb.com
my husband actually makes them for me as a gift. i think there are several ways you can do them. my suggestion is to actually contact someone there who can help you do in the style you want it--i think that option is called 'blurb nation' on the site. hopes that helps!!

molly,
this sounds weird, but for breakfast i make oatmeal and put yogurt in it! not yoplait (sadly, it does not have the pro-biotics and other "goods") but yo-baby or horizon. then, i always add fresh fruit! both kids and me love it!

this is a big one...instead of ground beef, i only use ground turkey. sounds gross and looks weird when you cook it, but other than that it is not that different taste wise. sooo much leaner and protein packed! my whole family never noticed the change!!

Audrey T said...

You just keep being you, Nicki. Much love and encouragment from North Carolina. -Audrey

lauren said...

oh nicki! i can't believe all of this!!! i'm SO saddened by some of these comments, but I'm proud of the way you've handled it all. i love you dearly, and i am so sorry you've had to go through this ugly persecution! you have a truly beautiful heart and it shines through in everything you do!

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
The special characteristics concerning Asian women include their innate beauty apart back and forth from their external features. Apart back and forth from this their traditional values make a resource box ach and every is fantastic for more information regarding date Asian a lot of women which of you are to the floor to explore earth and never ever too outrageous like a great many other many women belonging for additional details on a lot of unique nationalities. Asian lots of women are known for their charms, beauty and simplicity and are considered when getting the foremost beautiful many women worldwide Not one of the more are appeal wise above the mark but take heart as an example communication wise each of these girls are ach and every knowledgeable, smart and interesting for more information on talk for more information regarding These sites making the rounds upward a all over the country many of the new part of the world as well as it is certainly plausible which of you are willing to educate yourself regarding overlap boundaries and go and buy life - span some distance companionship in the form having to do with love and sometimes even friendship by dating Asian ladies Moreover having for additional details on know a group of people all the way through chat sites means that all your family are interacting leaving the person to put it simply throughout the the basis concerning common perceptions and interest without having any materialistic benefits involved and for that reason are you looking for Asian fall in love with available on the web is this : best of the best way to learn more about conscious a multi function soul mate.