Tuesday, July 21, 2009

8 Months of REW

Little Lady! She is blowing by these months! She is headed straight for her 1st Birthday! aHhHhH! I am not ready for this (well, actually, I am ready for the party) one to be such a toddler. Maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself. She does have 4 months left as a baby. Here are some facts about the REWsky at 8 months:

Too bad my cellulite isn't this cute...



May I explain this picture below? I went in to feed Reese this morning at 5:30am. Still dark at this point. I go to pick her up and I feel her bare foot! And leg. Both are freezing. I can't see a darn thing, I am feeling around on her nightie to see what the heck. The zipper is still at her neck! What?!?! A little disturbed and perplexed (and still half asleep) I feed her and roll her back in the bed to sleep, half naked. I told Brent when he woke up what I had found, and he said, "oh yeah, I had to 'fix' it for her to sleep in when I got her dressed." Just hysterical to me! What on earth did he fix?! Poor miss. Oh well, didn't seem to bother her that she busted out like this:
I am still getting up in the 5 am realm to feed her and lay back down to sleep. I would prefer this to her getting up in the 6 realm for good, but not to her getting up in the 7 realm. So, for now, I guess she will still get up for an early morning feed. I sincerly hope that she learns to sleep longer once she weans because mama no likey getting up for play at 5! She was sleeping so good until 2 visitors popped up. The right and left bottom toothies. One on monday (7/13) and the other on thursday (7/16). Now, there are at least 3 more coming to the surface. Yikes! I guess when you cut 'em late, you aren't joking around! So, I am sure there will be many many more fussy, interrupted nights. Can you see the tooth???
I used to think REW was going to be a laid back baby/toddler/kid. Wrong. No. She has really been challenging me on that one this month. Let me try to explain her demand: "don't put me down, but don't hold me either." Still trying to understand that riddle that she presents me with on a daily--no, minute to minute basis! She wants to be in my arms only to dive out onto the carpet, wood, concrete, next persons arms, etc. She also wants to m-o-v-e. Please get out of my way. She is up on all fours and I would be shocked if she was not crawling in the next couple of weeks. Shocked. I guess I need to really baby proof the house for this gremlin.
I love her peach fuzz hair! Where is the brown mohawk? She is blond blond blond (honestly, what did we expect?)! REW also loves to swim. She is a fish and a monkey in one. I wish I had some pictures of her in the water, but I am always at the pool with my one chimp (REW) on my hip, wiggling herself about and the other chimp swimming himself freestyle out to the deep end. So, there are no photo-ops for this mama!
The biggest change for REW this month is one thing. FOOD. Can a sister please eat? Holy moly. The Lord heard my prayer and gave her 2 teeth to knaw with. No one deserved teeth more than this eater. She loves to eat yogurt, every single fruit imaginable suitable for her age, all veggies (except green beans), cheese, crackers, cheerios, whatever she can shove, she loves. It is honestly the funniest thing! She cries if the spoon is not ready with the next bite. Honestly! She is also super loud. Think some sort of bird. She knows now, how to get our attention and make us laugh. She screams a loud "ahh" noise, and blows her food out really hard. She likes to do that for Mug because he laughs. And we are still breastfeeding! On occasion, I have to give her a bottle for one feed because she is too distracted. However, I think she is really starting to feel fuller quicker now that she eats everything in sight. Hopefully we can hang in for a few more months! That's all about REW! She is a precious, loud, hungry, sweet mess.

14 comments:

Angie said...

what a cutie pie! brady still wakes between 5 & 6 for a bottle too, then goes back to sleep. funny! oh well...
Happy Birthday to Reese & Brady. I still need to post his b-day pics...

Rose said...

She is a beauty!

lauren said...

She has really changed this month! Such a cutie pie!!

Laura said...

You're totally right about the teeth. Caroline didn't get her first tooth until 10 months old and has now cut 11 teeth with two on the way in less than 5 months. They all come in at once with these late teethers it seems. Poor kiddos! Reese is just beautiful...love this 8 month post :-)

Shannon said...

I hear you on the sleeping! Payton has ONE TIME slept through the night in her 5 1/2 months of life. UGH! She also doesn't want to be held, but doesn't want to be put down. Such a struggle! REW is absolutely precious and I LOVE the jammie pick. Too funny!

Having It All said...

I just had to comment! She is precious. She looks so happy!

Anonymous said...

She is changing so much- I can't believe it! I love all of those pictures!

Corrie said...

I just love that little monkey! I'm glad she enjoyes eating! And I MUST show Ryan how Brent "fixed" her jammies the other night. Totally looks like something both our boys would do!!

The Johnstons said...

Those first few pictures of Reese are SO precious!!

Amy said...

She is so cute and getting so big! I can't belive how fast this year has gone! Charlie is the same type of eater....eats anything and tons of it and cries when I stop...it's crazy!

Kimberly said...

slow down little reesey. you're supposed to stay our little miss.

nic, she's surely looking grown up and more like you and Bubba.

laura said...

She is so beautiful! Love the pic of the two of you together. Precious.

Mollie said...

Reese is SO darling!!!!

Anonymous said...

loveto get her panties off and make her feel good, not sure about her peach fuzz hair mom but I ,love the peach between a baby's legs