Friday, June 12, 2009

Let the Training Begin...

Read First Sick (I wrote 2 posts in one day)Since we are stuck inside, I have had it. I am sick of diapers. Who am I kidding? Mug has been ready to potty train for at least 8 months. But I let others discourage me, tell me he was too young and it would be too hard with a baby to do it. I should have gone with my instinct. He was ready at 20 months. I KNOW I went about asking him if he was ready the entire wrong way. I thought I lost the window. What I should have been doing was telling him he was ready to potty train. Today I sat him down, eye to eye, told him we were saying "bye bye" to the diapers. He said "ok". I said you are going to be such a BIG BOY in your undies! I slipped them on him and immediately he said, "mom, I have to poo poo." Easy as that. So, today, we wear our big boy undies. I have heard, "please tell mommy when you need to poo poo or pee pee," come out of my mouth literally (no really, literally) 200 times. He has tinkled twice and had one pee pee accident in his high chair.
Here's to new beginnings....

7 comments:

lauren said...

That's what we're doing right now, too! James told me yesterday, "I'm going to potty train today." so we're doing it! I tried to make him wear a diaper to go run errands, but he said, "I don't wear diapers anymore." I'm laughing because I've said the same sentence 200+ times, too! I might be calling you for support soon! Good luck!

Kimberly said...

Good luck, Nic! It's a big process and just know even when he will go days or weeks without an accident, there could still be one in the near future! I'm so proud of Mug...and you for attempting this hurdle!

Can't wait for you all to get well and little T can come play!

Jill said...

I clicked on the swim lesson picture to make it bigger and cracked up! Also we have ALL been sick too. Horrible throat virus!! I hope she is better and good luck with the potty!

Kierstyn said...

I'm in the midst of potty training my youngest (25 months). Good for you for going with your gut, and doing what's best for your kiddo! Good luck!

allanandaudrey said...

Hey we have those unders! Like 12 pair-Allan wouldn't consider any others. Hope training is going well for you and T.

angie said...

I hope it is going well:-). We are on the same boat, Ally is training as well!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm his asspussy looks real nice, love baby sis to watch me cumin him