Friday, June 12, 2009

First Sick

REW woke up warm on Tuesday morning. I keep thinking for sure a tooth is coming in, afterall, she is almost 7 months old! I discounted it and went about the usual. Loaded her up in the car for Mug's swim lesson. Her eyes were blood shot and she was quiet as a mouse. I figured she was tired. She was still hot, but I thought it was because she sat outside to watch the lesson. When we got home she was BURNING up. I took her temp and it was 102.5. Oops. Guess it's not teeth. Gave her some tylenol, put her down for another nap, took temp when she woke up...103.7! AH! The rest of the evening she was so quiet and lethargic. Infact, I laid her on the bed with me about an hour after her nap, I stripped her down to cool her off, she rolled over and I rubbed her back. She got really still and after a couple of minutes I looked down to see her like this!!! Poor baby! Then, she ate dinner (she ate like a PIG as usual, thankfully), we cuddled (which she NEVER does) and I laid her down again on our bed and within minutes, here she was:
Look at those rosey cheeks! I drugged her up with Motrin (thank God she can have it now!) and put her to bed. She slept from 7:30p-6a, ate, went right back to sleep, woke at 8a, ate again and went right back to sleep. She did not wake up for the day until 10:20!! I took her to the Dr. that after noon. I am certain it is a virus. Mug had a random fever on Saturday and her cousins have had them too and we have been together all week. I mainly want them to check her ears for an infection. Ears looked great. Check the throat! UGH! It is red with pustils. Check for strep, though it is "extremely extremely rare" in infants under 2. Except for mine. She has STREP THROAT! What?!?! All the nurses there said they had never seen it in a baby that young. So, they gave her and Mug (to be safe) antibiotics. So, we have been under house arrest since Wednesday! She has acted totally normal besides sleeping extremely late! I have enjoyed her cuddles because as laid back as she is, she is not a cuddle baby. Mug was my high maintenance, cuddler. I have to say, go REW for being a winter baby and this being your first illness! Especially with all the gunga gunga Mug has exposed you to in your short life! Looking back in my records, Mug was not sick until this very age either. He had an ear infection the day he turned 7 months! Too weird. Anyway, we are on the mend over here, hopefully!

4 comments:

kinsey said...

my 2 MONTH old niece just had strep throat...didn't help that her 3 siblings and mother also had it, but still so crazy. hope reese is feeling much better now!

Kimberly said...

poor reese's pieces. i want to come cuddle with her before she doesn't like to cuddle again.

Corrie said...

Poor, sweet baby girl! I hope that by now the antibiotics have done the trick and that she's feeling good again!!

Kelly said...

My youngest had it around that age. Poor little REW!