Thursday, May 21, 2009

Enough About Me, Let's Talk About REW! (6 months)

Psalm 7:17 "I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High."
PRAISING JESUS that this muffin is with us and turned 6 months old today! She is my doll baby as ever! I can't believe it has been half a year! That is crazy talk! I am so excited about what all she has accomplished this month! Here are some things... SLEEP! Knowing this is probably going to jinx me, I will write it anyway so I have a record of it for later. REW sleeps pretty good! We decided that we would not go in for a feed until it was 5 am. We let her "cry it out". Some nights were so sad. But most were good! We also moved her back into her room about 2 weeks ago! She seems to be doing well. For some reason, she wakes at 4 most mornings, cries for a while and then goes back to sleep. I think she rolls onto her tummy and falls asleep. At any rate, we are pleased. She is still not a marathon sleeper, but it's ok with me!

The biggest milestone of the month is...EATING! And boy, does this sista love to eat. I am so thankful she likes her baby food! It was sort of a struggle with Mug. He never fully bought into the mush. REW, on the other hand, is sold. She likes it all and she will eat and eat until she gets fussy because I think she gorges herself! She is still so tiny though! She gains all of her weight in her cheeks. I love it because when she sees me getting her food ready, she starts kicking and squealing.





REW also sits in a tri-pod! Still a little wobbly, but she can do it! She loves to sit up and see what all her brother is doing. She also loves this thing:

I can keep her entertained for quite a while in this! However, I must add that she is in THAT phase. The "don't you dare walk out of the room without me" phase! Argh. I thought she may skip it because she is easy going. It's not me she wants, it is attention from anybody! I am still amazed that she is so easily entertained. She is also not a cuddle bug. She is a sweetie, but does not cuddle! She wants to be looking outward and constantly observing. I also gave her this mesh thing you put fruit in yesterday and she was so cute! She loved that thing. Of course she did. It involved eating. She is a mess. Literally!

Oh sweet baby! I am so proud of you. You are a sweet little thing. Still a polite petite. Still the noisiest baby I have ever heard. I love your ethusiasm about all the things you do. Thanks for being mama's little heart. I am lovin' on you!

8 comments:

Rose said...

So glad that her 6 month birthday is a happy and healthy one! Happy 1/2 birthday REW!

The Johnstons said...

Such cute, cute pictures! I especially love the one of her sitting in the chair and the one of her sleeping.

Angie said...

YAY! Reesey! You are such a precious doll. I don't think you could look any more like your mommy...

Kimberly said...

Oh, my favorite is the first one! I may print that one for my house! I pray she continues to grow up shinning her sweet, pure love! Lucky little lady.

Jill said...

SHe is so little and cute! I can't believe she is 6 months, she still seems like 3 months to me!

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

You are right...she IS a doll! I love those sweet, big blues!!!!Random, my hubs was on the same flight as Mamadou to Senegal on Wednesday...and just as you posted...said he was a nice as can be!

Jennifer said...

So so sweet, but I think Sawyer may be competing with her in the loudest baby category! I just love her to pieces!

Mollie said...

Reese is DARLING!!!!! It was great seeing you the other day!