Monday, May 25, 2009

Current Obsessions

I wanted to share a couple of things that I am obsessed with currently. First, I heart my Beaba Baby Cook. When Tristan was able to eat solids, my sister-in-law got me hooked on making my own baby food. It is not that hard, trust me. However, I did hate baking and steaming and then blending. Enter, the Baby Cook. It is a steamer and a processor in one. Rock on. It is sooooo easy to use that you get a little carried away making it! I made REW several concoctions on Sunday. Easy peasy. You can buy one here. You will likey too. I feel about it like I do a good jogger and breastpump. Money well spent. Ok, this is something everyone should try. I am just giddy about the simplicity and delicious-ity of this. My dear friend, Corrie, shared this with me. At HEB, in the whole/natural food section (don't let me lose ya here) there is a peanut butter grinder where you can make your own peanut butter! It is super simple and so so so much better for you. The "popular" peanut butters are chalk full of hydrogenated junk. The "naturals" tend to be oily and bland. This is a perfect compromise. And not any more costly than a good jar of the yucky-for-you stuff! It is so easy... go to the section and follow the directions. I used the natural honey roasted for a little more sweetness. Love it!

Hope you enjoy too!

5 comments:

Rose said...

I so wish we had that peanut butter option! WOW!

kinsey said...

i just added the babycook to my registry!

Corrie said...

I'm glad you L-O-V-E the delicious peanut butter, and I'm glad you are sharing the goodness with the blogosphere! My daily breakfast of choice has been whole wheat toast with peanut butter and an apple for the last couple of months. I'm addicted!

Callie said...

We thought about getting the babycook for my sister in law and new nephew. She is super picky and hard to buy for, so we weenied out last minute on it. I think it would be GREAT though!

Kimberly said...

Maybe I should add that to my registry for Griffin since Creighton didn't get homemade food! Or maybe you can just start making extra for me to store too!

Thanks so much for keeping Tooter today! You must have worn him out, because he kicked and screamed all the way home! Literally!