Thursday, March 12, 2009

Preventing Cabin Fever

As luck would have it, Brent is out of town all week long at the Big 12 Tournament (which we are rockin' out!), and the weather that has been so flippin' sweet, suddenly turned awfully sour. It is rainy, cold, and BLAH. My parents watched Mug overnight on Tuesday so I could pray for revival that night. We hung out over there on Wednesday afternoon and came home for nap. Mug and I made dinner together and I taught him how to make coffee. I thought about dousing some down with milk and giving it to him as a "cafe con leche", but knew I would probably kick myself later that night. We bathed, had cuddle time and went to bed around 8:45. I did not sleep for a restless toddler in the monitor and then a hungry one around 5am. I think I slept about 4 hours. Woke up and TA-DA! Still rainy. Playgroup did not even want to venture out, so you know it must be bad. So, we made a huge breakfast, watched his favorite cartoons and went upstairs for "zoo animal" day. I was so bound and determined NOT to play "trucks" for the umpteenth time, so we opted for crafts! Oh and we never got out of our PJ's.
Here he is at the top of the stairs with all of his craft tools... It took an act of congress to get him concentrated for 30 minutes while we cut, glued, colored, etc. He was still wanting the trucks to get in on the action. So, I did what any loving and concerned mommy would do. I let him play with glue instead.
Voila! The finished product! "Mr. Lion Roar"
All we got done were two animals, but that was a hefty task!
After the zoo animals, we watched Baylor play Kansas in the Big 12 Tournament. Such and exciting game!
Here Mug is practicing his moves on Reese. I did not post the ones where he was pulling her shirt at the neck and then hitting her in the head with his puzzle pieces. Ahhh...the love in this house!
Mug and I ate lunch and then finished the second half of the game and WE WON!!!!!!! I was carrying him around the house crying! I am so proud of the Bears...this is the way I know them to play! Can you believe all of that and that was just half of the day? Whew. I have to do this again 2 and a half more days!

7 comments:

angie said...

Hang in there girl, you can do it. Doesn't it make you appreciate your hubby when he's gone!

Alison said...

ugh, we've been in that stay inside funk all day long, too! But way to go doing crafts, you are a great mommy!

Shannon said...

GO BEARS!!! And hang in there sister! You are awesome to even pull out craft time. Love the lion!

The Johnstons said...

So fun!! We had a craft day today, too. This stay-inside-all-day weather is making me crazy! Good news is the weather is supposed to get better soon. I bet the boys are having some kind of fun at that tournament!

Jill said...

In that first picture with the TV, Reese looks like a fake baby doll laying there! So funny! I can't wait to do crafts with Hollyn!

Sally said...

gah, i know!!! this weather has been just so blah and we too have had to get a little creative with no MDO etc... this week!! :)

i know, sic 'em bears! how exciting! I didn't know that is where brent was! Suh-weet!!!

Jill said...

Yes David Gurley- I know he is hilarious. He really hasn't changed a bit! I know Julie is a beauty queen. (not really but you know what i mean) We have a copier thing and I am going to ask Scott if it scans too- I have some really funny ones too. They are probably best left unseen by the whole blog world!