Sunday, March 15, 2009

He's Big, Big, Big! (25 months)

Time is so fleeting. Especially with a toddler. They grow leaps and bounds in mere minutes it seems. I find it hard to sit and write all I would like to about my Mug. I can't capture his true essence. I would be writing all day long in order to do that. He is such a charismatic little dude. I want to hold him and cuddle all day some days and others I wonder if he is listening to me at all. Ahh. Toddlerhood. He is learning the art of manipulation, and if I cave once, it is a habit for good. This has me on my toes all day long. Still, in the weariness, what gems come out as well. Nothing is sweeter than an in-tune busted out session of "Jesus Loves Me." Or a sweet "tank you mommy." Or a vase full of flowers with short stems, picked with a whole heart full of excitement. Each day that passes, I try to grasp it and bask in it. But it is sand that quickly slips right through, on to the next day of change and wonderment. Mug is all about daddy. Funny thing is that all of these pictures so remind me of Brent's baby pictures. The joy just radiates from them. Brent has his mouth open in most of his little pics and so does this little guy. Most days are looking forward to daddy's return home from work. Daddy always has an evening adventure planned. Always. Makes it hard for mommy to live up, but I don't mind. Fishing, riding bikes, going to the creek to "kip rocks". N matter this is all the rage in his life. Wanting to be just like daddy.
Nap times have become a concern. Not sure if it is cutting molars or what, but, eeek. He has started giving me some grief. The worst is he will stand up and say, "mommy, I neeeed you." I go in to find him standing up with a smile, actually needing nothing at all...except sleep. All of this goes back to the manipulation scheme. Still, if I do all I am supposed to like get him down early, I think the situation may get better. I am hoping! Here he is waking up with his bear "Dugat", which is his favorite companion!
I know I say this to an annoying extent, but I have to write it down anyway. He has the hugest vocabulary ever. Not just words, but sentences and thoughts. I can talk to him just like anyone. He understands and answers. It sort of freaks me out how well he can talk. He always tells me what food I need to pick up at HEB. He is starting to tell me where he goes on what days of the week, i.e. "Wednesday is my Guckie Day", "Monday is my Gigi Day", and so on. When we went to the creek the other day he said, "I'm gonna try to kip (skip) this rock, mama." He can get down the stairs now and when he does he says, "I went down backwards, and I'm amazing." Too funny. He also has a big imagination. He plays all kinds of imaginary games. It makes me sad to think how when you get older, all of that sort of dies. I can't really keep up with all his imagination games! It's pretty fun to watch though. Because he talks so well, it is often hard for me to remember that he still has 2 year old emotions. Still throws a tantrum. Still doesn't reason well. He is definitely still a toddler in that area!
Everyone asks me what kind of a big brother he is. I wish I could say he was absolutely in love with Reese Elaine. Honestly, he doesn't care all that much about what she is doing. He is starting to show concern for her and telling me what to do with her. He wants to check in with her occasionally. As far as wanting to hold her...hardly ever happens. Occasionally, he will ask to hold her for literally 5 seconds before pushing her out of his lap. He likes her. He just isn't that into her. To be honest, it sort of makes it easy on me that way, though I would love him to love on her a tad more. I'm sure those days are ahead.
He still eats more than I could ever dream of eating in a day. Still, he is a slim jim. Not sure where he puts it all. His eyes are turning green! Every day they get a little greener.
Some of his favorite things:
Creighton, Colton, trucks, trucks, trucks, four wheelers, car washes, basketball, Dugat, Kevin Rogers, Curtis Jerrells, bike rides, creek, "mama's hair", his tent, waffles, strawberries, blueberries and drinking out of a real cup!
He is just a gem and a half. He challenges me in every way and rewards me and reminds me why I love to be a mom. Here's lookin' at you Mug! Next up...REW turns 4 months!

9 comments:

Sally said...

what a sweet big boy!!!!! we are really into waffles too!! hee hee. although, he is scared to death of the baylor mascot bruiser...don't think he'll be naming any of his teddy bears after any of the baylor bears anytime soon. :)

Angie said...

ok- even i am tearing up!

lauren said...

He is getting so big! I love the picture of the two of y'all.

Jack is very pleased with how cute his girlfriend, too. :)

Shannon said...

Precious, precious boy! What a sweet post!

Corrie said...

I love Tristan's haircut! Being shorter in the front makes him look so much like a little boy...and not a baby! :)

Kimberly said...

wish i could have spent the evening with your little mug! thanks for entertaining mine!

loved the cupcakes too!

can't wait to go on the getaway this weekend. it's been forever!

Kylie said...

Hudson went through a time when Avery was about that age that he quit napping altogether. He did some other weird stuff at about that point, too :) Then he got over it and everything was fine! Went back to napping and everything. So hopefully Tristan will do the same. Soon they'll be chasing each other all over the house and you're want to scream (oh wait, maybe that's just me!)

paweigh said...

look at here now 7a replica bags you can try here replica ysl bags australia see here replica bags seoul

Unknown said...

straight from the source q5p20s9j08 replica louis vuitton bag replica bags and shoes navigate to this site l2e63f4n90 replica gucci bags replica bags prada replica bags in gaffar market check my reference j5n45x5l00 replica bags seoul