Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ugh...Another BUG!

As a mother, in my opinion, there are no words as awful to hear as, "my tummy hurts." You know the scenario. You shudder to think the worst that everyone in the family is going to come down with the pukies. Ok, maybe that is not the worst, for you, but for this little mama, it's
B-A-D. I'm not going to go into a tremendous amount of detail of my vomit-phobia (it actually has a name: emetaphobia), but let's just say I have high anxiety when it is present. Too bad this is our second time to have it in 2 months. I think the Lord wants me to get over this fear.
It all started Monday when Mug did not touch his breakfast. This is highly unusual for my tot who eats a 90 minute breakfast. He prefered to smash his blueberries and give them to Frankie. He seemed to feel fine, so I sent him to his Monday with Gigi. Well, he did not eat lunch at all and would cry at the mention of food. Just as she picked him up to get ready to come home...you get the picture. He took a nap and woke up hot as could be. Rosy cheeks and all. Took the temp (which by the way, is SO hard to do these days!) and it was 101.3. Dern. Busted out the motrin and pedilyte. About 5 hours later, gave him some dry cheerios because he seemed so much better. Double dern. Up they came. Happened once more at 10pm in the worst place...his bed. Uck. Sweet Brent had just arrived home from a fabulous North Carolina trip to watch Duke/Wake Forrest. Well, welcome home honey! He took care of Mug's fever most of the night. When he woke up today, he was just pathetic and puney. I called the Dr. and he was concerned it was the flu flu and not a stomach bug and wanted me to bring him in. Yikes. No shower. No make up. Frightful. Kimbo came to my rescue on her day to run errands while CDP was in MDO, she took REW over to her house so I could care for Mug. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I peeled my sick muffin off of the couch where he was sleeping and put him in the car. Flu and Strep swab done. Nope. Just a REALLY bad stomach bug. Good thing it is not either of those. But grrrrreat. Love those super contagious bouts of the bugs. PS. Dr. NeNe said they are contagious for up to 10 days so if your kid ever gets it, don't send them back to school because they stop throwing up! The worst part to me is waiting around to see who in the family will get it next. So, here I sit, lysoling and wiping down all areas of the house. It's enough to drive a mama crazy. I hate the side illness brings out in me. Blurg.

Aside from playing psycho nurse mom, I have managed to take a few sicky pics. I have my dad's Rebel XT and am loving having a good camera. Here is the patient:
Looks pretty bad, doesn't he? Sippin' on some pedilyte and watching all the cartoons he can handle.

(faker)

Well, hope we are all back to the land of the living soon enough. Pray that the rest of us come out of it well!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

oh no! I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for you guys and that the rest of you make it free and clear or close to it!

Rose said...

I have emetaphobia too, I swear! I'm so sorry! Sickies are NO FUN!

Angie said...

yuck yuck yuck!
i hate that! i hope he gets better really soon. will you post something about the NC trip?

Sally said...

awwww, poor baby!!! :(
gah, i hear it's all going around...hang in there, i hope you and Brent and Reesey-poo stay healthy!! BTW - that camera takes REALLY good pics...i want one!! they are so so clear! :)

ThePoeFam said...

I am JUST like you....I didn't know that my "condition" had a name! I mean...I'm always sad for my guys when they're sick but I'm more freaked out that I might get it. Q ran a 103.6 fever tonight and I'm PRAYING so hard that it's not tummy stuff! ... seriously can't handle it!

Meg said...

oh BLESS YOUR HEART!! soph had this about a week and a half ago. from what we have seen lately this is more of a "kid strain" than an adult one, i.e. most of the parents aren't catching it from their kids. shane stayed up all night taking care of soph's pukes while i stayed up all night begging Jesus to make it stop and not let it spread! i'll do the same for you!!

Kimberly said...

You do need to keep your dad's camera! Those are super cute picks of a sick Mug! And the faker one makes me laugh out loud. Too dramatic!

Loved being with REW today and I'll keep her whenever you need an extra hand...until of course, baby Polnick arrives! Then give me some time to adjust!

Hope you are all feeling better tonight.

laura said...

I can totally relate--there is nothing I hate more than throwing up! Ugh! I will pray that you will stay well and sweet Mug will feel better soon!

angie said...

oh man that is awful!!! so sorry, I am the EXACT same way! I will pray that your family stays healthy:)

Kelly said...

Me too. I FEAR it. Just went through it w/the 16 month old. :o(