Monday, January 26, 2009

This Guy is Almost 2!

A post that is long long overdue. This little tot is almost 2! I just can't believe it. I already think of him as two, but as the actual day approaches, I am a little nostalgic. Just last night, I was staring at his little face, trying desperately to remember the baby boy I once had. Through his now bushy eyebrows, full set of teeth, slimmed down face and slender, small adult-like body...I could only barely remember the baby I had two years ago. He looks so different, but more than anything, what a HUGE difference a year makes in behavior, language and skill development! I was talking to my dear friend, Libby the other day as we were swinging our almost twos on the "big kid" swing at the park. We were discussing how there really no longer are any words they can't or don't say. Tristan has been talking in sentences for a long time. Sometimes, I am simply baffled at his language abilities. He can reason and use logic. It's so funny and scary! Yesterday he asked daddy, " tell me a story about my truck"...meaning, make a story up. Brent made up a story about his little toy truck. When he was done telling the story, he said, "No...I need a better story." One more funny one, he has been a little constipated this past week, so I gave him a prune yesterday and he looked at it and said, "Wow, that's a really big raisin!" I laughed my head off!
A mama's boy he is not. He really does not like me as much these days. Since Reese came home, I think he sees things as the boys team and the girls team. He always asks for daddy and when daddy holds Reese he politely reminds daddy that it is mommy's job to hold baby Reese. Well, I know it is a passing phase, so it does not bother me. I am happy he has a good daddy who loves him!

Mug's favorite things are: blueberries, strawberries, waffles and chick-fil-a. If I ever ask him what he wants to eat..."chick-fee-a". Hmmm...must say something about my cooking! He also loves loves loves Henry Dugat of the Baylor Basketball team. He named his favorite bear Dugat and always yells, "Duuuuuuu-gat...2 shots!" Such a daddy's boy!
I am just delighted in this kiddo. He is such a funny funny and outgoing little thing. He makes me smile so much. I never thought I could talk about my kids non-stop like I do. It is just so neat to see them take on their own little personalities. Being Mug's mommy is a joy! Stay tuned for the big Birthday Party post!


6 comments:

angie said...

smart guy...we LOVE chick-fil-A!!! great pictures of your almost 2 year old. Time literally flies:)

kinsey said...

henry dugat is my favorite too! ;-)

he's too cute. can't wait to see birthday pics.

Megan and Luke said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I commented during your pregnancy with Tristan (and my first pregnancy as well). We're friends of Corrie and Charla. Our little boy is almost 2 and I laughed reading this post, especially because our Cash absolutely loves the same foods as Tristan!

kelly 's a riot said...

thanks SO much for doing the show tonight--you totally rocked it! you are a fabulous example to me and i blessed to have you as a friend. enjoy your tot being one for 2 more weeks:)

lauren said...

What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Brooks is in his daddy phase, too, except at bedtime. He like me because I sing and rock alot longer!(: