Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sportin' The Port

This may mean nothing to you. Unless, you are 'The City' fans. C'mon, come out of the closet already! You know you watch it. Well, I may be one of the only almost 30's who watch it, but I can relate to the main character. Let me explain why.

This is Whitney Port: She has her own show on MTV. She works at DVF. She dates an Aussie. No, we have none of that in common. What we have in common is our fugly hair. I mean, really does DVF know she comes to work looking like that? She does this little twist thingy with her would-be bangs. Interesting. Weird. Don't get me wrong. I. LOVE. Whit. BUT if she is a big shot, why the roots and the twisties?
Which brings me to my mane. I decided to sport the Port because it works if you have unmanageable, out-grown roots and a clump (the best word I can describe them) of bangs that were once at my eyebrows that now fall just short of my chin! Pregnancy does weird and strange things to my hair. Having two babies and breastfeeding back to back with no break has changed it in so many way! My once very very blonde hair and increasingly darker. I have a farm of "baby bangs" and when I was about 6 months pregnant I found spots on my head that were growing HUGE patches of new hair! I blamed Mug for pulling it out at first, but they were all perfectly even! EWWW! And it is long long long. All I can do is twisty my hair like poor Whitney. There is hope though, I scheduled a color and cut for Tuesday! I must make that appointment! I may have a baby attached to my boob, but I am going to be there by golly! I just can't take it anymore! I won't be the mommy of two who lets herself go this quickly. I wonder, what is Whit's excuse?

16 comments:

jana fleming said...

you crack me up! and hey...at least you're an "almost 30" fan of the show...i'm the "almost 31" fan...yikes! love being dorks about our mtv shows together! :)

Nicki W. said...

j,
you may be the only other one!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE "The Hills" and am also, of course, watching "The City"!! Here's my question...why does she have a horrible fashion sense?!?! I never like what she is wearing. My husband says that she is just SO fashionable that I just don't understand it...yes, he watches too. I say that LC was extremely on top of the fashion world and she always looked great...so what's Whitney's deal?

Also agree with the hair!!!!

Lacy said...

I'm totally with you, sister! I love The Hills and The City. There's no shame - you wear your hair anyway you want.

The Johnstons said...

You know I'm a big fan of The Hills, but I haven't seemed to figure out when I can catch The City yet...so far I've only see one episode. I'm sure I'll totally get into it! You definitely do not have fugly hair...I think your hair is cute!

EDENS said...

This is too funny. I to have been sporting the port and love the CITY. I think when you have kids, I live through Whitney but really don't want her life but it is sooo fun to watch.

lauren said...

I can relate so well to your recent blogs!
1. I was laughing at your "baby attached to your boob" comment bc I have one attached to mine right now!
2. My hair is annoyingly weird right now bc of pregancy and nursing. (Did u know your hair falls out about 7 months into nursing and takes a while to grow back? that happened to me last time.)
3. Jack was having skin issues that i thought was baby acne but it turns out he was allergic to his antibiotic.
4. James has just started showing interest in potty training. All pee, no poo. We've done the mnm's and big biy underwear, but it's such bad timing for me bc i/m breastfeeding all the time, so i'm hoping we can restart later. btw, my doc recommends the dvd "once upon a potty" and says it works so well for potty training.

angie said...

Ok I am going to be 33 next month I a secretly LOVE the city.... Whew I do feel better:) BTW you would be beautiful bald!

Jill said...

I am feeling your pain! My hair has grown in DARK and tons of weird bangs. I wear two bobby pins everyday I am always embarrassed if someone comes to my door! I just got it done on Fri and went way darker- don't really like it yet- we'll see...

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

i am no closet watcher, i will declare it to all, i love The City! And I have officially taken The Hills OFF of my DVR schedule. Go Team Whitney (sporting the port, or not)!

Sally said...

i love you sportin the port - it's way cute on you!!! go girl!!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

LOVE the City and the Hills! :) Yay! The "port" must be pretty popular b/c all the teenagers around here wear their hair that way. No lie! Our babysitter walked in the other night with her hair like that. I actually like it. Oh...and totally with you on the post-baby hair. I have a 6 week old. Uhhhh...is all I gotta say...about the hair that is. :)

Kimberly said...

i guess i never realized when i wear my hair like that- it's possibly NOT the right thing to do! so much i learn from you!

Kelly said...

I don't watch it but I am sure I'd love it if I did. LOL

I can relate with having two kids and needing to get a hair cut - beeelieve me!

Jaime said...

Okay, I'm not going to lie to you, BUT I was going to do a blog post today about how much I like all the hairdo's on The City. I'm laughing so hard. To be honest, tho, I'm specifically thinking Erin and Olivia's twisting back to the bun...I still might do my post. Not copying, I promise! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS!!!! Has her new show started yet?