Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Down But Hopefully Not Out.

Ugh. The weather is ugh and so are we. Despite the weather last night, thousands of Baylor fans went to the BU v. Texas game. So close. But no cigar. This is the second loss in a row for us. It is a little painful when we played so close last night. The problem? Poor officiating (isn't that every fan's excuse) and missed free throws. Lots of missed free throws. Hopefully, we can pick ourselves up in Mizzou this weekend. And especially for Big Monday v. Kansas. Sic 'Em. Brent and I almost got in a bad accident last night. We were going over an overpass and slid to the side and clipped the concrete wall! A police on the other side was running out of our path for his dear life! It was crazy. Brent (aka Jason Bourne) steered us very calmly into safety. No one injured. No damage done. Hope you all are safe today and maybe enjoying a little inclement weather time off!

6 comments:

Sally said...

OMG! so glad you are ok Nic! yes, we had a bad lil out of control slide on the way home too last night...it was scary out there!
what a game too huh? i hated that they lost! i saw you and your yellow scarf across the stands. too cute!
Missed ya at TBK this morning!! my day has been all off b/c i couldn't go work out this morning, ha ha! :)

Corrie said...

I will never forget one time in our newly wed SS class a LONG time ago, the "question of the day" was something about what kind of job you would want if you could have any job. We were just getting to know y'all then, and Brent said, "I'd be Jason Bourne!"
I knew we'd get along! :)
Glad you guys are safe!

Rose said...

YIKES! I'm so glad that you are fine!

Having It All said...

How scary - I'm glad your husband is a calm, quick thinker. Guys are good at that aren't they? Thank the Lord He kept you safe.

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely
right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information!
Thanks!

My weblog :: juicing wheatgrass

Anonymous said...

Good replies in return of this difficulty with
genuine arguments and explaining everything concerning
that.

Take a look at my web-site ... juicing for health