Monday, December 15, 2008

An Award? Who Me?

Thanks Angela and Amy M. for honoring my blog as "brilliant" in content or design and giving me this award! Hmmm...it must have been slim pickins' for you girls! "When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

Do you REALLY want to know 10 honest things about me? Really? Probably not. I'll give them to you anyway.

1. I have a very very very incredibly unhealthy fear of being sick. I need a diagnosis. Know any good shrinks? Almost everyone knows by now that I am seriously phobic of throwing up. Something that kids do--a LOT. Well, this weekend Mug threw up in his bed for the first time (btw-this deserves some sort of girl scout badge) and another time later on and I had mini panic attacks. Seriously. I felt bad for him, but I also cannot help thinking about whether or not I will catch it and throw up to! Isn't that weird? So, needless to say, I need prayer for being fearful of illness. I can't spray lysol directly on them, so I need to deal with it!

2. I watched the Britney Spears documentary that was on a couple weeks ago. And loved it. I am rooting for her. I felt sorry for her. I was captivated by her. I think she is sweet. I know, I know--she is crazy, but seriously her life is weird and strange. I recommend watching it to see for yourself. I heart you Brit!

3. Along the same lines as # 2: I am a reality TV junkie. Love the Hills. Housewives of all the counties. And really if I sit down to watch the TV, almost any reality show will do.

4. Despite how I come across as spontaneous, social and scatter brained, I am actually quite the opposite. I am loud and like to be the center of attention, yes, but besides those 2 things, I am a very scheduled person. I am disciplined and thrive on a routine. I like my kids to be on a routine. I don't like to be thrown curve balls. They really throw me and my mood off.

5. I know more about and love college basketball than most of your husbands do.

6. I addicted to fitness. I feel like a failure if I don't work out for a day. I have not worked out in 3 1/2 weeks and I do not feel like myself. I feel squishy. Gross. Everyone tells me to 'be careful' because people who have to work out often develop eating disorders, well, I love food too much, and refer to #1. I think I am safe in that regard.

7. I am an over-spender. There I said it. I was the girl in college who got an angry phone call from her parents every week because I always bounced checks. Well, I no longer bounce checks, BUT I am still not fully aware of the "you don't need it so don't buy it" concept. I love clothes. I love shoes. I love dishes. I love to buy other people stuff. And I always shop on sale. Guess what? You still overspend at sales.

8. I am from New Mexico. The arm pit of all hairy and stinky armpit towns. I am thankful my parents moved me out of there when I was young so I did not end up a pregnant, high school drop-out. It is the biggest way I have ever seen God's provision in my life.

9. I have not witnessed to or shared the Gospel with anyone in about 2 years. That makes me so sad, considering I used to do it all the time.

10. I need to be a Mary again. I need more Jesus in my life. I need to be more Christ-like. Less judgemental. Less materialistic. Read my Bible more. Stop making my life filled with busy things. I used to be a Mary, but now I am a Martha. Nothing wrong with Martha. She is a studious and lovely lady, but I miss the Mary days. I want my kids to know me as a Mary.

Ok, enough about me and I hope you all still want to be my friend. I want to award the following blogs with this award!

1. Ang'- this girl is my soul sista. I met her in a total God ordained way about 6 years ago. She moved, but has started a blog, which makes me the happiest girl ever! She makes everything herself. She is Martha Stewart.

2. Jill - Jill is the reason I am a Christian. Did you know that, Jill? We were childhood friends and she was a very instrumental part of me staying on the straight and narrow. We didn't stay in touch well after high school, but have recently re-kindled our friendship.

3. Lauren- she probably won't have time to blog since she has a newborn, but I hope she does! Lauren is one of my oldest and dearest. We have been thru a lot together. A lot of drama that turned out to make us better women. Love her. She gets me.

4. Kinsey- Love this girl. Never met her, but I am quite certain we would be good friends if we had met! She is funny and witty and loves good shoes.

5. Melissa- Melissa gives me hope as a mom! She handles her children so well!

6. Suz- I think Suz is too big of a blog celebrity to read my blog anymore. Incase you slept thru the past 2 years, she has frickin' quads, people! And she is hilarious and poised, and HONEST as they come. Suz, if you still read my little ol' blog, the people want to know about you!!

7. Angie- I love Angie's blog. It is always full of insight as a woman who loves the Lord. She is always honest about her struggles and delights in her victories!

Ok, ready, set, you are it!!

11 comments:

angie said...

Well thanks honey! My first blogging award! If only I had a mic for my acceptance speech-(he!he!)I hope that you have a nice, warm day inside. -:)

Jill said...

You are so funny- No I don't think I really knew that. I am sure that I basically pushed you down the isle during an altar call! Hopefully now I would be more gracious about it! Thank you for the blogging material- I feel like it is more confession of my sins though! I hope you are getting some sleep- Hollyn busted her arms out of the swaddle ALL the time too-

Alison said...

Good choices--and love your Mary heart.:)

Melissa said...

Wow! I'm really touched, and I truly mean it....my life so frequently feels messy! And I totally see you as a Mary!!!

kinsey said...

you're so sweet! this is my first award...some pressure to think of 10 things about me, but will be a fun blog post none the less. and i too think we would be great friends...

Angie said...

thank you! i agree that we are soul sistas!!! no one can pick a friend for you better than God! thanks for the award!

lauren said...

Thanks friend!! I haven't won an award in ages! :) I can't promise a post, but who knows...maybe I'll do one soon! I love these kinds of posts; they are so much fun. You have a beautiful heart, and it shines through in your writing. Love ya!!

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

yes, you're correct, that's me on the commercial (cringe). it's my husbands family's business. hey, WAY TO GO MISSY on getting recognized for your blog!!! what a compliment, ehh? you're a blog super star :).

laura said...

I love your honesty, Nicki! That is something I have always loved about you.

Sorry to hear Mug was sick--so glad you didn't get it!

kelly 's a riot said...

you know your blog is good. and, you know you love the attention(think waco today photographs). face it...you ROCK our FACES off:)

congrats on the award, you bloggy superstar!

and yes, i will still be your friend. i think.

Diana said...

Well, I am not sure if you remember me... :-)

But I am loving your precious little family. Congrats on your new baby. 4 weeks, that is crazy!