Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Going from A to B

How on earth? I mean I know how, but still...Amazing.
Exibit A ...and Exibit B
I am in constant awe of how on earth a woman's body can do this. It's not without pain though! Sciatica, hemmoroids, charlie horses that wake you up crying...for the love of children!Even worse is when I think about how much work it takes to get back to Exhibit A! I may never get back there. Maybe Exhibit A 1/2? I think we should start some sort of blogger competition or something! I also have my fresh coffee beans ready to grind. If you don't know me well--I am a strict preggo. No caffeine. None. I think I drank a watered down tea at a restaurant a few months ago. It is a weird thing I do. I know it is not bad, I just don't do it. So, I am ready to treat myself ASAP. I think I may need it for future nights to come.

On a more serious note, we go in on Friday at 5 am to induce this child. The child I was sure was going to come early. I suppose I still have one more night and full day it could all happen. I still sort of want that, but I have resorted my mind to the fact that it will not be until Friday. I find myself to be way way more concerned with Tristan than anything. When will he nap? Will he eat too much junk? Will he think I am gone for good? Will he love her? Those thoughts swarm my mind more so than my labor or any pain. Oh and the thought of sweet baby smells. Teeny little hands. That too. I try to think of ways to enhance our remaining hours as a family of 3. My head spins. Have you ever tried to savor or cherish a moment so hard that it ends up passing you by? Maybe you should have relished the moment in it's complete normalcy. That's where I am at in my head. I want a good balance. Still, Tristan would rather play with his toys naked and Brent would rather wind down to a nice basketball game on TV. That's us though. That's the way we are as 3. I suppose there is no sense in forcing a "moment" upon us. Oh, the woman's sentimental pregnant brain. I indeed hope I get some sleep tomorrow night. I doubt it will be much. So much comes to mind. This is a new person coming into our lives! A whole new personality! Another set of issues to figure out. I think of the challenges I had with Tristan and how they seem so very very minimal now, but at the time they seemed insurmountable. Will I feel that way again or will I be more laid back? Lord, please make me laid back! Or better yet, give me a laid back baby! So many of you have done it and made it out alive. Thanks for reading about our family. Thanks for caring about this pregnancy. I have felt your prayers, and some of them have been vocalized to me in person--which there is no sweeter sound to hear. I am about to be a mom of two under two. Never in a million would I have guessed it. Nuh-uh, not me. But what a fun job. What a fun, crazy, thank-less, exhausting, hilarious job. Thanking God for you all...please stay posted and pray for us. Better try to get my last real night of ZZZ's....
xoxo

20 comments:

mommymimi said...

i am commenting first again! i bet you are so proud of me! i am so excited for friday! so blessed that you want me there! everything is all set... i can't wait to meet sweet reese and sing happy birthday to her! God gives you all the love you need for the second! i worried too! i worried that betsy bug would eat too much junk and that she would forget me and think i wasn't coming back. i worried too! God gives you enough! i don't know how! i struggled with how i was going to love anyone else as much as bug and God gave me more love... a different love! another love! a lucy goose love! it's wild! i am so thankful! i can't wait! oh, and everyone knows you'll get back to exhibit A!!! you did before and you will again! love you, nicks! m

Lindsay said...

praying for you and your precious growing family these next few days. cherish it!!

Callie said...

Praying for you friend!
Praying that God will calm your mind and give you peace and quiet all of those things that are not of Him---worry and fear!

Page said...

I am so excited for you! You will do great!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl- as a fellow inductee- with a boy who didn't want to come out!- I understand! No one told me that being induced brought on the contractions harder and my pain was much greater than my friends who had natural labor. So... I gave in and got the epidural- the blessed pain reliever prevented a c-section and enabled me to enjoy the delivery a bit more. But regardless of what you do- you'll be in our prayers!

kinsey said...

i could only WISH to look like your exhibit A!! ha. you will definitely get back there. less than 24 hours before reese is on her way. WOO WOO!!!

Kylie said...

Oh reading this makes me cry- having just done this less than a year ago! All of my concern was for Hudson and how he would be... I grieved for my alone time with him and how things would change... and then I saw her... oh girl, you just can't know it till it happens... the most overwhelming love happens all over again. I thoroughly cherished every last second with my family of three! I thought I had more time before my "scheduled date" but Avery had other plans and surprised us! I spent the whole day playing with Hudson at the library and at home, took a good nap together, ate some dinner, then as I got him ready for bed, the contractions got stronger :) I didn't know it was my last day with just him but it was a perfect day all the same and I thank God for that! You are going to do great! I'm excited for you to get to hold that sweet tiny newborn girlie!! And you will wonder how you ever lived without her! (It's easier the second time, too- all of it!!)

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Nikki. Cant wait to see pics!

Angie said...

Oh! I remember feeling exactly the same way you do right before Brady was born. I was SO worried about Luke. He had a rough week or so, but he did way better than I expected him to and he LOVES his baby brother so much. That is the cool part now- to see how much he loves his brother, even if his "gentle" isnt really that gently, he means well! Also, Brady is getting to the point that he likes to watch Luke and that is awesome! OH- i am so excited for you! Try to rest tonight...ha ha ha!

The Holmans said...

Good Luck Nicki! I will be praying that your sweet little princess comes quickly and safely. Thanks for always sharing your thoughts and what life is like as a "real" mom and wife-the struggles and the joys. I love reading your blog and hope to be as great a mom as you one day. Can't wait to see pics Reese!

Kimberly said...

Now, if you can make me look like Exhibit A, I'll for sure run the marathon with you!

Everything is going to work out just perfectly! It'll be your new perfect. Your new normal. Your new blessings.

And you know I'm here for anything!

Love you and can't wait to meet Reeses Pieces. 5 am- or maybe I'll come at 6!

angie said...

I hope you are getting some rest... so hard to do when all you're thinking about is tomorrow morning! You will be an amazing mom to little Reese, God provides...just keep reminding yourself that when you're questioning the things that I promise we ALL have questioned! I have to tell you about Ryan meeting Ally...I was of course was concerned just like you and had played it out over and over in my head. And then it happens; Ally's born, Mark and I are filled to the brim with emotion and Mark goes and gets little Ryan. He rushes in and looks at her for like 1 second and then he immediately rushes to the gift "Ally" bought her big brother. All he cared about were those silly Thomas Trains(and why I had tubes in my arm). Not quite the picture I had imagined:). Such an exciting day for you guys. Can't wait to meet her.

Christy said...

good luck nicki with everything tomorrow! i have loved reading your blog and watching your journey from one to two. you are going to do an amazing job and i like what mimi said - God gives you enough! hope it all goes well tomorrow!

S, J, B, & S said...

Praying for you tomorrow!! I am sooo excited for ya'll and cannot WAIT to see pictures of your little miss! Keep us posted!!!

Robyn said...

Nicki I am so excited for you! I have been praying for you all week and I know so many others are too. Thanks for sharing your journey with us through the blog. It is so exciting to watch this happen in you and Brent's life, and it makes me so excited for when it will be our day to welcome a second baby too. Your thoughts about Tristan are so sweet, and I feel for you. I think it is great to read these other mom's responses who have gone from one to two and how it all worked out perfectly. You are going to do great, and you will be a cuter than ever "A" again for sure. No worries about that! Oh you get to be a mommy to a little girl!!! I just can't wait to hear your heart on it all. You are going to love it so much and again, you will be so great!

laura said...

We are praying tonight and excited for you!!!! Children are such a blessing from the Lord...in just a little bit you will be able to say you have "children," as in more than one. How amazing! God is so good. I will be praying for you as soon as I wake up in the morning. Love you, Nicki!

The Johnstons said...

praying for you. i'll be waiting for the emails and/or texts tomorrow! cannot wait to meet her! let us know if you need anything in the coming weeks!

Kelly said...

Tristan will love little Reese. My kids are 21mos apart, and I was worried, but it is WONDERFUL. My time even got cut short, as I had planned on spending all this quality time with Hannah before Caleb arrived. I so know what you mean about "making" a moment, and just trying to live it and enjoy it. Little things, I would rock her a little longer at night time, if she wanted to cuddle more..we TOTALLY would. Then I had complications in my 2nd pregnancy..was stuck in the hospital for 5 weeks 45min away from my house, and all I thought about was that Hannah is totally thinking I have abandoned her and then I'm gonna come home with a new baby. They came to see me everyday but all she wanted to do was go look at the fish tank downstairs. Frustrating for a mom. Needless to say, after ALL of that..life is wonderful with 2 children. Hannah doesn't even remember that rough time, she LOVES Caleb and it's true God just totally gives you what you need, provides enough love, and emotional sanity that you need : ) Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Kelly

Mollie said...

It's Friday as I write this. Just wanted to let you know I woke up praying for you this morning and for a safe delivery of little Reese! Blessings on your little family of FOUR!

Anonymous said...

your body is BEAUTIFUL. don't worry about it!!!!