Monday, October 27, 2008

Lovin' This Mug (20 months old)

My little man, my little man! He is just such a sweet treat. I can't get enough of him. He is talking like a normal person! He asks me, "What this, mommy?" to just about everything. He is a parrot for sure, which I really have to be aware of! If I say it, he is seconds behind me. I LOVE talking to him and asking him questions! Such a thrill for some reason! He is a loving friend. Most of the time ;) He certainly loves his Creighton! He loves to give out hugs, but if you ask Creighton, he also loves to give out shirt-pull tackles. I have to say, we are working on sharing more than ever. Which also means tantrums and timeouts, but it is all worth it. He seems to be pretty receptive to the punishments, but I know this will take some time!
He has an obsession with pumpkins this fall. He loves them. He carries them around everywhere and freaks out when he sees them. He is also into all things construction. I walk him over to some houses being built in the neighborhood across the street and if he had it his way, we would camp out there. He loves the dirt and bricks and diggers that work on the houses. I wish I shared his enthusiasm about all of it! His new thing is waking up and telling me what he wants to wear. Usually, it consists of the following things: "Camo, mama, please", "Baylo (baylor shirt), mama, please," or "Barber, mama, please." Sometimes, we have to make a compromise on those options!
Lastly, can you believe this little darling is going to be a big brother? I simply cannot. I can't really fathom how this is all about to rock his world. And mine, frankly. He kisses my belly everyday and asks to see Reese, but she is inside. What on earth will it be like with two? This Mug has been my little sidekick and man for what seems like forever! I do love him so. I pray his spirit remains gentle and curious. I pray he has the passion for Christ as he does for all other things he loves. I want that so badly for him. He is such a delight to me. Thank You, Lord for everyday that is a gift. Let me not grow weary as a mother, but realize the magnitude and find so much joy and peace within. Even in the hard times, let me rejoice!

(of course, this photo is courtesy of the talented Kimberly P.!)

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Mug! Even though you do pull on Creighton's shirt and it does concern him, you're still his little bestie. He loves you! We love you!

We are praying for Mug and his adjustment to his sweet sister & we're praying that you will embrace the roll of mother to two just as well as you did with Tristan.

Kelly said...

Such cute pics...love the last one where's he's touching your belly. I remember Hannah really wanted to see Caleb in my belly. I mean it just doesn't work that way. So cute though.

kinsey said...

what a sweetie...

angie said...

those are so great pictures:) especially him loving his baby sister. How awesome to have a loving big brother. I hope you're taking it easy, but somehow I doubt it:) Enjoy these last few weeks and rest up!!!

Lauren Madison said...

Oh my! Tristan is getting so big; I can barely believe it. Your pictures are wonderful and I always love reading your delightful blog :) I'm praying for baby Reese and I am so excited for you guys! I hope all is well...blessings!

Melissa said...

Love the last pic! And I just wanted to say that you are such an encouragement to me as a mom. Your prayers that you pray over your children and over your own life are awesome, and I find myself so frequently aligning my heart with yours. Thanks for allowing us to read! You are a blessing to me!

Rose said...

Sweet pictures! I'm sure that he will be a great big brother!

The Johnstons said...

love the pictures of tristan and creighton and tristan touching your belly. he's going to make such a wonderful big brother! praying miss reese stays put a little longer!!

Jill said...

such sweet pictures! I LOOOVE his outfit- just curious where did mug come from?

Nicki W. said...

jill,
hee hee! for some reason brent and i used to say about t when he was a baby, "he's cuter than a mug" and it just stuck! poor thing!