Monday, July 14, 2008

"Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together" Woodrow Wilson

We had the privilege of visiting some of our dearest friends this weekend! Caleb, Angie and Luke live in Pearland, near Houston, so we made the 3 hour trek to the hottest city on earth! Of course we would only do that for these guys! Angie is one of my bestest besties ever. It is rare for you to find soul-mate friends in this life, but when you do--you hold on to them! We met them in our sunday school class when we first got married--it was both of our first days there and all 4 of us had that uncomfortable, new to be here feeling. Well, we all hit it off so great that I called Ang at work (she briefly mentioned where she worked) and told her I liked her so much! I would NEVER do that!! Seemed kinda stalker-ish! We were inseparable for the next year until they moved to Houston. One of the saddest days of my life. However, they now have a wonderful two year old son, Luke, and a baby on the way! We still get together a couple of times every year and we don't ever miss a beat. Those are the kind of friendships I cherish. Anyway, Luke and Tristan played--mug got a taste of his own medicine as Luke liked to show him who was boss! It was good for Tristan to know that he is not always the man in charge! Here are our two pistols.
We went swimming and Caleb's parents and here is the best shot I could get of the boys...typical
The best part of the trip was when the kiddos went down, Ang and I threw ourselves a baby shower!! Complete with cupcakes I brought from Ms. Crumpler, to blue and pink plates and gifts! The other guests included Brent and Caleb who ate most of the cupcakes and watched the 2008 NCCA basketball tournament on Tivo. We mainly ignored them. The shower ended up lasting until midnight before we all turned into pumpkins and had to go to bed. Ang had to go up to the hospital at 4 a.m. because her cousin went into labor! Poor thing, she was so tired the next day!
Brady Charles Allen
Reese Elaine Wilson



Look at the cute stuff we got each other!
This picture is so cute with our bellies, but sadly, she is 8 1/2 months pregnant and I am only 5 months....we are almost the same size.
Ang and Caleb, you guys rock. You are the most genuine people out there and every time I come see you, I cry when I leave. Wish you were closer, but glad you are not further! Love you so.
xoxo





4 comments:

Rose said...

Love the pics! So cute! Love the bellies too! And those cupcakes rock!

SuperMom said...

Love the name, Reese. Love your belly. LOVE crumpler cookies....didn't know she did cupcakes, too!

Oh, my!

Dona said...

Yeah Crumpler Cookies! Yeah for you throwing yourselves a baby shower!

Nicki W. said...

Crumpler cookies are the absolute bomb!