Saturday, May 03, 2008

The 13 and 14 Month Post

Shame on me! I am slacking in my updates on Tristan! Maybe it has more to do with the lack of time with chasing him around! This little munchkin keeps me on my toes and never lets me forget what he wants! Here is a brief, very brief update in my little's world:



Talking. Talking. Talking. Talking. Tristan picks up words very very easily. I love that he can communicate with me now! He can tell me a lot of what he wants! Though, pointing to everything is still one of his favorite games! Here are some words he uses very well and consistently:

*ball
*dog
*waffle (wak-el)
*melon (mella)
*juice
*bite
*more
*chip
*yellow (la-lo)
*two
*bye
*mama
*daddy (did-dee)
*no
*poo poo
*Drew (his stuffed doggie)
*juice
*vacuum
*shoes

*off*out

I am sure I am forgetting others!

He now likes to run everywhere! The funny thing about Tristan is that he has a HUGE belly and skinny everything else, so when he runs, he is top heavy! He is in to everything as you can imagine and I am at that stage where I never stop running after him and cautioning him from harmful things! It really is a workout! The only bad thing about me having to tell him "no", is the tantrums! He can really throw them! I thought that started at 2! Still, though he likes to run and jump off of things, he still loves to be picked up and cuddled up to his mama. He still put his head on my shoulder and play with my hair.
Tristan's new favorite activities are going outside and reading. He will go to the door and cry, "out!" He loves to go on a wagon ride several times a day and then dig in the dirt with his shovel! He also brings me books all day long and runs and plops in my lap and waits for me to read them! I am so so so excited he does this because I loved to read as a child and want him to do the same! He even has his favorites. In this picture he is reading my Ann Graham Lotz book--so advanced! He has also moved from 2 naps to 1 and it is usually a long one! I have no idea why my sprint napper changed that, but I'll take it!
All and all, I love this age more than ever. Such a sweetie and so nice to communicate. He is my little man. My little buddy. We are going to have such a fun summer!!


5 comments:

Melissa said...

So sweet! I love this stage too. Our boys would have so much fun together I think. :) He's truly adorable!!

walkers said...

such a prodigy! he is beautiful.

lauren said...

I know we've said this over and over, but our boys are so much alike!! I love these pictures of him!

Rose said...

So Sweet! I love it that he loves to read! Way to go mama! I hope that Colin is the same way. At the moment, our books moonlight as teethers. Expensive teethers.

Audrey T said...

You make 14 months sound like such fun! I'm glad to know that it just keeps getting better and better.

How did the stuffed dog get to be named Drew?